What's new

Day After Christmas

ShootHoops

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
2,923
Reaction score
0
Location
New Orleans, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I got a Quantaray 70-300mm for Christmas. My parents took me out to the Festival of Lights to play with my new toy. #3 was shot with the new lens. Everything else was shot with the 28-90mm.

1.
FestivalofLights004.jpg


2.
FestivalofLights007.jpg


3.
FestivalofLights009.jpg


4.
FestivalofLights026.jpg


5.
FestivalofLights029.jpg


6.
FestivalofLights033.jpg


Any thoughts?
 
nice :) the last one has an odd cropp though.

Some will say the subjects are too centred, but that is fine to me :)

a smaller aperture could help the lights not to blur that much, say f/ 8 - 16 .. but then you'd need a tripod probably.

with night images, if you want to get a black sky, you can push the contrast a bit in post processing and simultaneously reduce the brightness.
 
Thanks Alex. :D I didn't think about the whole tripod thing until I was there. Thanks for the tip too.
 
My opinion is that numbers two and six are the keepers.
 
I'm glad to see that you finally got this "new toy." #3 is a nice photo, better when you use a tripod. I like my 70-300mm, and a tripod difinetly helps. My best friend, Clark Kent, had to pound that into my head (use a tripod). Now I take my tripod everywhere I go. Hope you enjoy & keep up the good work.
 
Thanks SpaceNut! Even my parents thought about bringing my tripod and I hadn't thought about it. But by then, it was too late. Silly me! :-P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom