Day at the Park (fishing)

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took the kids to the park today and tested out their new fishing poles. I am not a fisherman thats for darn sure. I always take my camera with me because you never know, plus I wanted to take some pictures of them fishing for the first time. Nothing spectacular but I think they are pleasant in their own way. Pictures were taken about 4-5pm sun was on the west of us with harsh shadows.

Here are a few HDR's of our trip, trying to keep these more realistic for this set.:sexywink:

1) My 3 boys

kids fishing by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

2) Lake view

lake by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

One of my favorites of the day.
3) Tree

tree by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
Like the tree! Almost expect to see a hobbit or something wander by! :)

This is more in line what I prefer an HDR to look like. Just a bit of haloing around the trees in #1 but thats easily fixed.

Yeah the halo fails:( my sorry but shot in Jpeg and not raw so it was a pain processing the image and adjusting theSky. I kept getting banding in the sky. Need to remember to shoot RAW!

Very cool. I, too, prefer HDR this way. Nice job.

All 3 pictures work well. I Especially like the 3 boys fishing. BTW, did they catch anything? Going for some type of Sunfish, worm pieces and a bobber work great.

Joel_W no we did not catch anything. I spent more time detangling their lines than fishing. :lmao:

Composition is poor on 1 & 2. I think a lot of your photos would be improved if you kept rule of thirds in mind when shooting.

I don't believe in rules........:)J/k I'll keep that in mind for the next time. Thnx

I'd cut some sky off in #2. Love that tree!!

Most reactions

Back