Daytona Paddock - My First B&W Film Roll

midgeman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were all taken in the paddock of the HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) Classic 24 at Daytona in November, shot with a Canon AE-1P, standard 50 1.8, Ilford HP5+ and processed and scanned locally. I actually shot a second roll, but it didn't catch on the spool and it was too late once I noticed and all was lost. I'm still beating myself up for that. Here are some of the keepers.

P.S. I'm in love with B&W film.

Take Me Back by ImidgeryByKMidgett, on Flickr

Nine hundred sixty-two memories. by ImidgeryByKMidgett, on Flickr

Packed Paddock by ImidgeryByKMidgett, on Flickr

1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 "Daytona" by ImidgeryByKMidgett, on Flickr

Black and Jager by ImidgeryByKMidgett, on Flickr

Very nice. A tip for you: When you load a film, use the rewind arm to take up the slack and then leave it out whilst you advance to get things set up. This way you will really be able to see if the rewind wheel is turning as the film is being taken up. If the rewind wheel does't move, take up the slack to feel for resistance.

I really love n. 2. I almost see motor humming.
The others are good pics but they're so not amazing in composition as n.2 for me.

Nice photos.
I love race cars.
Talk about expensive hobbies! Boy Howdy!

Imagine what just 1 set of those wheels in #5 cost, let alone the set of Avon racing tires that might last 100 mi.

But I prefer driving race cars over making photos of them.
Racing is my passion.
Photography was my business, and generated the $$$$$$s it took to go racing.

And - tonight's movie is Le Mans - from 1971 and starring fellow amateur racer - Steve McQueen.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back