DC Folks

Well lest do this thing. Where is a good place to meet up and what time you all want to set?

I don't really know DC too well, so let's meet somewhere obvious :)
Now, I'll have a Rehearsal Saturday morning, but it's only for 45 minutes. I don't know yet whether it's at 9:30 or 11:10. I'll get back to you, but let's make it 1:30 for now, if that's alright with you guys, and I'll let you know about my rehearsal when it's announced.

clarinetJWD said:
I don't really know DC too well, so let's meet somewhere obvious :)
Now, I'll have a Rehearsal Saturday morning, but it's only for 45 minutes. I don't know yet whether it's at 9:30 or 11:10. I'll get back to you, but let's make it 1:30 for now, if that's alright with you guys, and I'll let you know about my rehearsal when it's announced.
OK. UNion station should be rather simple for all peoples to find?

Union Station is good, but big. Also, I was thinking that depending on what we were thinking of shooting would help deterime. That is, if we want people, Dupont, the Mall, Adams Morgan might be good. If we want gov't buildings, the Mall is best, and ...

But Union Station is good for me too (I live on the red line), and we can get to anywhere from there.

Since I don't know any of you, I would like to meet somewhere obvious though :)

the w. monument would be easy for everyone to spot. we could meet on the lincoln memorial side.

Aye aye.
Sounds good to me.
I would assume we would be fairly simple to spot. With the cameras and all.
Most tourists have those small point and click kind

Jon, where exactly are to talking about? There's a huge spread between the two. Can I suggest at the top of the escalators of the Metro Smithsonian (Mall entrance) station? That way there isn't as big of a space as between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. True, it will be more crowded, but I think it's wiser since it's a smaller area...just my two cents...I'm happy to meet anywhere...just give me specifics as I don't know any of you :) (Oh, BTW, pics of me on the arty farty portrait forum--but I have a beard right now--may not be around by then :D )

Well I guess we had best get a place set here shortly, aye?

jocose said:
I'm good with the monument...just need a little more specific location is all.

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause problems :)
OHHHH no. thhis is how most meetings come along. All will be well.

I like the monument too. I think what he suggested it at the Washington Monument, on the side facing the Lincoln Memorial. So between the two, but at the Washington. Sounds good to me. I'll know on Saturday afternoon what time I can make it.

How about just meeting at the edge of the reflecting pool between the two monuments, the side closest to the Washington Monument? That's where I usually met up with people because it's only a stretch of concrete like 25 ft long.

Attachments

• $meeting.jpg
    $meeting.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 113

Most reactions

New Topics

Back