DC Folks

I think the plan is this Saturday (1:30 is the current meetup time I believe) on the Washington Monument end of the reflecting pool. Hope you can make it!

PS: I'll send out messages to everyone who has expressed interest either tomorow or Thursday, just so everyone knows what's up
So far that's: jocose, mpdc, JonMikal, kelox, and of course me.

clarinetJWD said:
I think the plan is this Saturday (1:30 is the current meetup time I believe) on the Washington Monument end of the reflecting pool. Hope you can make it!

PS: I'll send out messages to everyone who has expressed interest either tomorow or Thursday, just so everyone knows what's up
So far that's: jocose, mpdc, JonMikal, kelox, and of course me.

i was there the other day...very crowded area...this is not a good location unless one of you wears a 'TPF' sign.

Can I suggest that we meet at the top of the escalator to the Mall Entrance of the Metro? That way, there is a very limited place to meet, and it should be pretty obvious since most people there will be moving, so those of us milling around (who aren't asking for money) will probably be us :)

There are other places as well, depending on where we want to go. If we want to meet in Dupont, there is a small park at the top of the escalator and across the street (that would be the Q street enterance, not the Circle entrance). Or, for the Capitol area, the Capitol South Metro is ideal because it's not heavily used on the weekends.

There are, of course other areas, but I think that a small area to meet at is best.

As far as parking, kelox, where are you coming from? it's always a ***** to find parking in DC, so I would suggest parking at a Metro, but you need a SmartCard to get out of the lots (for those that aren't metered).

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.

jocose said:
As far as parking, kelox, where are you coming from? it's always a ***** to find parking in DC, so I would suggest parking at a Metro, but you need a SmartCard to get out of the lots (for those that aren't metered).

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.
Coming from Baltimore.

Like I said, you need a SmartCard to get out of the parking lots, but if you are coming from Baltimore, when 95 splits to 495, you take the left side and the next exit (I think--or maybe the second one) is the exit for the Greenbelt Metro.

There is also free parking near my apartment, and you can walk to the Takoma Metro from there. If you want that, I can give you directions (it's pretty easy...I'm not sure where in B'more you are, but you can take 29 to 193 and you are right near where I live). PM me if you are interested. (Joe, that goes for you too, and anyone else coming from Balmer).

Yes, please. If I had directions (I'm coming from downtown) I could meet just about anywhere. I just liked the monument, because I could actually find it! And free parking is the best kind. Maybe the three of us could meet there and then meet the others at the mall entrance?

JonMikal said:
the w. monument would be easy for everyone to spot. we could meet on the lincoln memorial side.

i still think this is best for those who aren't familar with dc. there are some that mingle, but i'm sure we'd pick each other out.

I think anywhere would be fine. kelox and I have directions to the metro station near jocose's house, so we can easily meet him there (with free parking, I may add...) and then go wherever else to meet you and mpdc.

1:30 still sound fine (1:00 at the station near jocose's)?

Alright, so what are everyone's plans. Let's all get on the same page...
As of now, I'm planning on meeting jocose and maybe kelox (haven't heard yet) at the station near his house at about 1 PM, and meeting everyone else somewhere at 1:30.

I'm still good to go. Joe and Kalox, just give me a call when you are at the Metro (it is free parking on the weekends--I checked), and I'll be ready.

Most reactions

Back