DC - Spring 2018 TPF Meet 4/6-4/8

Which weekend to meet in DC? More than one choice is allowed. Please choose all that work for you.

• March 2-4

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • March 9-11

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Mar 30-Apr 1

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Apr 6-8

• Apr 13-15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m in. With the exception of school break week I am flexible on the timing.

I'm kinda stuck here, so dates are no real problem.

April 14-22 are out for me.

I added a poll on the dates that people are available.

I answered “yes” to all but the first, although my family would be with me the last weekend.

I picked paydays. I really need a day, or so, notice - it's a very far drive. ;)

I only marked the last set of dates b/c that is the only set that I am definitely available. But if you pick any dates other than the first, I'll try to be there for at least some of the time.

I know people don't want to stay a long ways away from DC. So the common assumption many people make is to stay at a hotel in DC. That will probably cost you an arm and a leg (plus parking will be expensive). If you fly in to National (ie: Reagan), then you can find hotels in Arlington/Crystal City/Pentagon City which are on metro and cheaper than almost anything in DC. You'll be close to Arlington National Cemetery and near the Potomac River. If you stay further out but on the VRE line in Virginia, you can get a much cheaper hotel and the train ride in to DC will be about $4.15 one-way. A link for VRE is here: Rail service in Virginia - VRE

If you're looking for inexpensive hotels in Crystal City (near National Airport and near Metro), a popular one with a lot of US govt. workers traveling to DC seeking cheap lodging is the Americana Hotel at 1400 Jefferson Davis Highway, it has free parking: Arlington VA Retro Hotel | Americana Hotel And if you prefer a chain (and a bit more predictability) then Holiday Inn National Airport/Crystal City. It has a free shuttle to and from the airport, close to Metro, free breakfast.

Aw, come on . . . let folks enjoy the real DC area - camp out in Fair Lakes or around Fort Meade (where they can enjoy DC and Baltimore commuters)

If I head down there, I’m going to find the cheapest couch on AirBNB.
Hotels are so 1900s ;)

Aw, come on . . . let folks enjoy the real DC area - camp out in Fair Lakes or around Fort Meade (where they can enjoy DC and Baltimore commuters)

there's lot a Korean food out and chain restaurants out in fair lakes (where I'm at).

there's lot a Korean food out and chain restaurants out in fair lakes (where I'm at).

I hear your favorite restaurant might be considering that area...

it would be very smart. I don't think the Ballston location will ever be that busy until the new mall thing is built. They would do very well in the Fairfax corner area, or reston, or loudon 1 or Gainesville.

Yes, there is. I spent a week going to a class at the Fairfax County government complex. Getting there from MD was fine but the drive home, not so much. :mad:

i hope you went to coastal flats or ozzies!

Most reactions

Back