What's new

dc tonight

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
12,262
Reaction score
327
maybe a bit dark, but i really liked the sky and reflection tonight.

49299278-O.jpg


thanks for looking!
 
I think it might be a tad dark, but I still like it. I like how the dark shadows offset the building and they add to the reflection.
 
another great JM shot, I like the pattern in the water, S like.. the exposure looks bang on to set the mood of the shot., very cool.
 
i dont think it is too dark, and the reflection in the water is almost magical. the image would be perfect for a professional leaflet kind of thing, about DC
 
beautiful! love the colors and reflection too :D
tfs
 
NOT too dark... i love it...the color is perfect....

i noticed the s shape in the water...wonder what caused that...?

beautiful sky ...i agree with you...couldnt pass it up...!
 
I really like it Jon. Love the comp, with the light on each side too. The colours are great.:thumbup: :thumbup:
 
was this really from last night? I was on the roof of NASA last night taking pics of the sunset. I will try to download them and see if any turned out well. I was also on the Mall and got some Wash Mon. pics, but they are very grainy...I was only at ISO 200, but my camera seem to take grainy pics at anything over ISO 50...what's up with that?
 
I absolutely hate it when you post things at night ... I don't get to see them till the next day as our computer at home went all Sybil on me and my husband's buddy swears he can fix ANYTHING computer related -- pfft! and only managed to screw it up more ... but I digress ...

I don't think the shot is too dark. I am immediately drawn to the top of the 's' in the water and then up to the dome. Of course, being a HUGE DC fan, you could post a trash can and I'd go all girlie over it.

I love the soft colors and the smattering of lights on in the windows.

(I'm on eggnog ... the really hard stuff ...)
 
jocose said:
was this really from last night? I was on the roof of NASA last night taking pics of the sunset. I will try to download them and see if any turned out well. I was also on the Mall and got some Wash Mon. pics, but they are very grainy...I was only at ISO 200, but my camera seem to take grainy pics at anything over ISO 50...what's up with that?

if you didn't witness this, then maybe you weren't on the roof last night. :D this image was taken on 2005/12/22 at 16:55:24.1
the sunset behind the Lincoln was literally red...i've never seen such a brilliant red in my life.

thanks all for the wonderful comments!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom