What's new

Dead not Forgotten

Ysarex94 88

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My younger brother Thomas died unexpectedly ten years ago. Shortly afterward I took some time to myself and went for a drive through western Kentucky and TN. Not surprisingly I was drawn to some of the rural churches with attached graveyards. In one I found the grave of another Thomas who also met an untimely death. I know it sounds morose and a bit off but I was cheered and comforted by this grave of a stranger (I think you'll understand when you see the photo). I took the photo as a keepsake. It's not my brother's grave and I have no idea who this was, but his story helps me remember my brother -- they had some things in common.

Joe

(Yes, that's a freshly rolled joint in the grass at the base of the headstone.)
 

Attachments

  • $headstone.webp
    $headstone.webp
    250.1 KB · Views: 89
I love the pic as i can relate to it myself. I watched my best friend get hit by a car when i was younger (13 years old) for the ten year anniversary of his passing myself and all our close friends went to his grave and had beers and exchanged stories. Def was a good time in the end.

Sorry about your loss as well!
 
I love the pic as i can relate to it myself. I watched my best friend get hit by a car when i was younger (13 years old) for the ten year anniversary of his passing myself and all our close friends went to his grave and had beers and exchanged stories. Def was a good time in the end.

Sorry about your loss as well!

Woah friend -- very hard to deal with at such a young age. I was at least 50 when I lost my brother and he was in his 40s. But it sounds like you've processed it well. Life remembers the past fondly but must always look forward.

Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom