Dear Global Warming

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before this gets started, realize I'm on the East Coast of North Carolina, the past 2 years on Christmas day I've been in short sleeves and one year even shorts. Typically, the coldest we get is high in the 50s, low in the 30s and the occassional cold day in the 30s, but never weeks of never getting out of the 30s as a high, which we've seen recently...

===================================================

My alarm clock at 7:45 this morning was my fiance, in a concerned tone... "Matt, one of our pipes busted and water is all in the yard!". So I jump up thinking it's been leaking for a while and its managed to get a bit of the yard wet, but not flowing too bad. Rush, get dressed. Eyes half closed, walk out and all I hear is the Niagra falls on the side of our house. Not paying attention to the valve position, nor noticing where the crack was... I turned it, which directed the water into my face through the crack which I now clearly see is more of a huge bust in the pipe. I don't even remember switching the valve back, but standing there dripping water at 25 degrees outside like WTH is this crap. So I slop over to the meters where the valves are on the pump and cut it off and the water ceased. At this point, I think my face is literally going to fall off but managed to notice the gush of water was so strong it had made a little hole 10 feet from where the bust way where it was gushing out... yes 10 feet away it was flowing so hard before the water ever hit the ground. So I'll leave it alone until Spring, screw it.

Thanks to you Global Warming. :confused:

I'm sorry to hear about that...truly. But it did give me a little chuckle since we have been sitting at -15 for the past three days.
I can't imagine how awful it is to have busted a pipe.

NC?
Eeeks.

haha i know its not cold to a lot of people, but for us... its pretty chilly. the 25 wasnt too bad until i got soaked... then it got colddd

Oh I know...
Did you at least get the water shut off?

Dang that sucks first thing in the morning...

yea i did. i had to go out to the pump and valve it off there. blah. oh well, atleast the irrigation and house are on seperate pumps, and this was an irrigation line.

problem is the huge bill im gonna get for the amount of consumption. im going to see if i can get it pardoned some way

yea i did. i had to go out to the pump and valve it off there. blah. oh well, atleast the irrigation and house are on seperate pumps, and this was an irrigation line.

problem is the huge bill im gonna get for the amount of consumption. im going to see if i can get it pardoned some way

Isn't this what insurance is for?

skieur

Isn't this what insurance is for?

skieur

what would insurance do? :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back