Dear World,... (WARNING: INVOLVES FAKE SUICIDE. SOME MAY CONSIDER SHOT TASTELESS)

I like the style you have going there! Can you tell me what your steps were so I can do it on the original file? I'm a total novice in PhotoShop, so the more detailed the better. I really do like the style you have going there, and it's definitely a lot better than any of my attempts. So if you wanna post the steps you took, that'd be so awesome. :]

I think if I just fixed the opacity on the blood on the head/floor it would fix it, then you would be able to see where the head stops and the floor starts, oh well. I may try doing it again in a little bit. ;)

Heres pretty much what I did:
Darkened the head a little bit with burn where the wound was
Made a new blank layer and chose a shade of red that was just a little darker. I made the paintbrush hardness around 20% or so. Then painted around the wound. If you want you can even go down onto the floor, whatever, just make it look how you think looks real. :p
In your layers box select overlay, and mess with the opacity to where you like it. If you selected too bright of a shade of red, then burn it a little bit and it will look good.
Then for the blood spatter, go to google images and look up blood spatter, theres a lot of different styles. Open your choice in photoshop and select the magic eraser and click on the white background, then select all (control(windows)/command(mac) + A). Then drag it onto your pic. Again, select overlay in the layers box and if the shade of red is off burn it to make it look better.

Not sure how good I explained it, but it made sense to me. :lol:
If you dont understand I'll try to explain better.

I like these shots (even though they're kind of...i dont know disturbing? :lol: ) because I know you had to put some thought into taking it.

Didnt focus on making the wound look more realistic, but whatever, I tried. :p
Im not any expert or anything at photoshop yet, so be easy on me. haha
2wp7yfo.jpg

Edit: Didnt turn out as good as I thought it would when I was looking at it in photoshop, oh well.
Put some blood on the note, and on the head which turned out looking really bad. :lol:

Now THAT'S a very good edit on the wound. I like yours the best !! It looks the most real in my opinion. Good job taking the picture, though Trenton Romulox. Well thought out!

Haha thanks.
I tried again based on whoever suggested taking out the wound and just putting a puddle of blood around him.
2wp7yfo-2.jpg

i like the ones that you did noob873, except the blood looks like it was spray painted in.
realisticaly, the blood would have a distinct edge, get some liquid and gently poor (not dump) it on a floor or countertop. notice that as it is spreading it has a edge.
kinda make it like its just running out, not splattered around the head.

edit: look at chillers' "love lies bleeding" pic on this forum.
thats what im talking about.

Yeah thats what I did at first, but after i put in the spatter on the note I figured I'd put it around the head as well. :p

I think it might look cool if you have the blood more "glossy" with the edge better outline. You might even have it pool into the note, like it drained out of your head and started soaking into the note instead of the "spray" on the note.

Sorta like this:
012b_BloodPud2.jpg

(No one freak I googled it and it is a "blood pool pillow")

I really like how on the left bottom corner you can see the ground, it anchors the picture more than not having it.

Here is the where you can see an outline, I don't know if I like the white line for a "reflection" I think with your pic I wouldnt do it. You can also see how there are different shades which make it look more realistic.
BPATut22.jpg

Ah, I just can't get it. I keep trying and trying and trying to get realistic blood, but I just don't know how to do it. I want to get a puddle around the head, and I want some on the barrel. But none on the note. But I just can't get it to look at all realistic, at all. Someone help me HAHA.

I guess that would work too, but the way I did it was with overlay (I dont know if you like how I did it but whatever)

Make a new blank layer, and paint in your blood however, then in the layers box, there will be a little box that says normal, click on that and then scroll down to overlay.
Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Most reactions

Back