Dear World,... (WARNING: INVOLVES FAKE SUICIDE. SOME MAY CONSIDER SHOT TASTELESS)

i really like the last one.

good job, i wish i had ps. lol, but alas im cheap. maybe next week, or month.

but the puddle looks good on that one.

:thumbup::thumbup: Trenton..you are doing fine. The last one , you almost have it. Keep going at it, and it will pay off...promise.

I like what you have going here. :D:D

:thumbup::thumbup: Trenton..you are doing fine. The last one , you almost have it. Keep going at it, and it will pay off...promise.

I like what you have going here. :D:D

I was hoping the legend of the Dark Side gallery would stop in :]

What would you say I should keep doing on this shot to finish it up a bit? What finishing touches would you suggest I do?

I agree with a lot of what has been said.
Firstly....most people would shoot themselves in the front, but that is not a written law....you can shoot yourself anywhere you want..it is your suicide. :lol::lol:
I like the edit Noob did, with the splatters on the paper too. It just adds more umph to the shot. I can imagine somebody shooting themself at close range would really splatter the blood around. Your props are all at close range too. If you were standing and shot your self in the pumpkin, the paper would probably not fall straight down.
But, I really love the light you have too. To me it seems like a tipped over light someplace in the room. The puddle of blood is coming along well. On my screen, the blood seems dark, but also works cause of the shadow cast over it.
Well done Trenton. Diggin it. bro.

Thanks Chiller.

I'm gonna keep working on some different splatter effects, and may eventually do a reshoot using fake blood instead of just relying on PhotoShop. The original shot was meant to have just my hand, a gun, and the note in the frame, but I forgot to zoom in and ended up getting my body in the shot too and I actually kind of liked it. So, I guess you could say it was a pleasant surprise of an accident. Someone, I'm not sure who, forwarded the image to one of my friends, and she got extremely concerned, and now she's like, calling me constantly thinking that I am actually contemplating suicide. I really don't know where she got the image, it's pretty nuts. But yeah, thanks for your replies everyone, and I'm gonna keep doing some work on the shot, and try some different things out, and I'll post up the final version shortly. But, as with any form of art, the work is never truly complete. There are always improvements to be had.

The main thing? Have fun bro. If you need any home made blood recipies, I can forward you some recipies. I use two types, one is store bought, and the dye is pretty strong. It does not wash out of clothes or carpet easy. :lol::lol:
Good luck man.. lookin forward to more. :thumbup::thumbup:

The last one looks good. :)
But I think its a little too dark, it almost looks black. And I like the idea of the edges instead of how i made it splatter, but I think the edges are just a little too hard. Try softening them a little bit. :thumbup:

Edit:
Lol just noticed I feel like I've taken over with all the telling you how to make it, haha.
Do it how you like, its your picture. ;)

The last one looks good. :)
But I think its a little too dark, it almost looks black. And I like the idea of the edges instead of how i made it splatter, but I think the edges are just a little too hard. Try softening them a little bit. :thumbup:

Edit:
Lol just noticed I feel like I've taken over with all the telling you how to make it, haha.
Do it how you like, its your picture. ;)

Yeah, I agree that it's too dark, I'm gonna keep working at it. Although, I do like it rather dark, 'cause I feel it gives it a tiny bit more depth. But I don't really know HAHA. This sort of shot is new to me.

And no way man, you didn't take over at all, you've given me some really great ideas! I really appreciate your partaking in my thread, seriously, you've helped a lot!

The main thing? Have fun bro. If you need any home made blood recipies, I can forward you some recipies. I use two types, one is store bought, and the dye is pretty strong. It does not wash out of clothes or carpet easy. :lol::lol:

I would actually love to hear those recipes! I am been getting into darker and darker stuff lately. :)

v74nbc.jpg

Chiller said:
I would actually love to hear those recipes! I am been getting into darker and darker stuff lately. :)
Is there any way those recipes could be made into a sticky somewhere (unless they're trade secrets and you don't want to share them that is...)?

I'd be interested in trying something like this too.

Yeah, I agree that it's too dark, I'm gonna keep working at it. Although, I do like it rather dark, 'cause I feel it gives it a tiny bit more depth. But I don't really know HAHA. This sort of shot is new to me.

And no way man, you didn't take over at all, you've given me some really great ideas! I really appreciate your partaking in my thread, seriously, you've helped a lot!

Haha, thanks. ;) I just dont want to push you into changing it if you like it.

But, true, dark is good, but its almost black, you know, should be more deep red. ;)

Most reactions

Back