What's new

death by yucca

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 15, 2011
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
1,876
Location
Texas (Hill Country)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't seen this before!
paigewilks.com6W2A6819.webp
paigewilks.com6W2A6825.webp
 
I just found out that a bird did this! Loggerhead Shrike! Yikes!
 
I had a picture a very long time ago of a fly that impaled itself on a grass blade.

Many moons later I lived in an area where what I think was a lark of some kind had impaled all sorts of bugs, spiders, mice and mouse parts on a barbed wire fence.
It was CREEPY!!!
 
Aaaaand, the first thing I think of is Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (a character in that book killed himself by jumping out of a window and impaling himself on the iron fence) because I'm an incurable nerd.

Also, you need to name that bird Vlad.

Also, ew.
 
My first thought was that a bird had stuck one of its kills on the tine... I have never heard of a caterpillar committing seppuku.
 
My first thought was that a bird had stuck one of its kills on the tine... I have never heard of a caterpillar committing seppuku.

I was going to say... A centipede with a little cocktail sword after the fact??
 
I had a picture a very long time ago of a fly that impaled itself on a grass blade.

Many moons later I lived in an area where what I think was a lark of some kind had impaled all sorts of bugs, spiders, mice and mouse parts on a barbed wire fence.
It was CREEPY!!!

I bet it was a Shrike!!
 
Aaaaand, the first thing I think of is Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (a character in that book killed himself by jumping out of a window and impaling himself on the iron fence) because I'm an incurable nerd.

Also, you need to name that bird Vlad.

Also, ew.

Absolutely ... Vlad, the Impaler!
 
I just found out that a bird did this! Loggerhead Shrike! Yikes!
View attachment 190667

I had no idea!

that's very cool! Just before I read this the joker in me was thinking that maybe it's a late night snack for some animal. I didn't think that they actually did that purposely to eat later. Learn something new every day.

Nice set, paigew and thanks for sharing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom