December

My condolences to you and your family sir.

As a result, while there were some good times and some associative good shots during the time frame, I found most of them were more centered to how I hated the disease as it stole her memory of me, away.

I hope you have the bad time shots, too and that you post them as a part of the digression as that is the real story.

Although my wife had the most benign variant of her disease and was a relatively wonderful patient until the very end, I could not/would not take shots that did not represent her at her best. I didn't want to show her to the world that way.
That is my failing, I know, but 36years of love and marriage created a duty of care.

Holy ****... Lew, where ya' been????

Interesting image; definitely gets me thinking; "Is she hurt?" "Is she ill?", "Is she face-palming because Lew did something...?" I'd say that makes it a good image.

Probably the face-palming is the most likely but she was ill.
My wife died in May after 18 months of rapid deterioration (Frontotemporal Degeneration) and I've sold my house, given away the contents and have nothing left but cameras, photos, some clothes and books. Everything fits in my mini-van and I'm free to go anywhere, do anything.
Sorry to hear that Lew, God with her. Deepest condolences. Grieve. Live the remainder you have the best you can.

Most reactions

Back