Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Critique always welcome

upload_2018-9-18_19-27-21.png

I like it. How have you been?

Holy ****... Lew, where ya' been????

Interesting image; definitely gets me thinking; "Is she hurt?" "Is she ill?", "Is she face-palming because Lew did something...?" I'd say that makes it a good image.

I like it. How have you been?
I hadn't much time for photography the last couple of years but I am hoping to remedy that now.
I have moved from MD to NY state for a few months while I travel and then plan to live in Manhattan for a year or so.
On Thursday, I'm going to Morocco for ~20 days, then back here for a couple of weeks and off to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia for a month. In January, Cuba for 10 days or so and somewhere tbd in February - maybe Turkey or Bosnia.

Lew

Interesting image; definitely gets me thinking; "Is she hurt?" "Is she ill?", "Is she face-palming because Lew did something...?" I'd say that makes it a good image.

Probably the face-palming is the most likely but she was ill.
My wife died in May after 18 months of rapid deterioration (Frontotemporal Degeneration) and I've sold my house, given away the contents and have nothing left but cameras, photos, some clothes and books. Everything fits in my mini-van and I'm free to go anywhere, do anything.

Like snowbear, I like this a lot. The conversion works nicely given the subject, and I like the framing. Very nice.

The wife and I frequent NYC quite often. Maybe we can grab a coffee next time we come up?

Probably the face-palming is the most likely but she was ill.
My wife died in May after 18 months of rapid deterioration (Frontotemporal Degeneration) and I've sold my house, given away the contents and have nothing left but cameras, photos, some clothes and books. Everything fits in my mini-van and I'm free to go anywhere, do anything.
Damn, Lew, I'm very sorry to hear that! :(

Who knew, it's lew, back in catman do. Sorry for your loss, I know it was a tough go. Love you man, glad your back.

So sorry for your loss. It must have been a very difficult time for you.

Good to see you back sharing your work.

I'm hoping your travels help to heal, or to cope, in some small way.

The image, with the back story, literally affects my heartbeat. Very powerful. Emotional. Shocking. Tragic.

Quiet thoughts for you and yours.

Sorry to hear about your wife. It sounds like you're doing well. Maybe we can link up on one of my trips to/from Maine.

Thank you all for your sympathies.
I really would like to meet any of you in NYC whenever you find your way there.
Just give me some bit of notice.

I have other pictures I took for memory purposes and to illustrate a blog I wrote about taking care of someone with dementia.
Some of the pictures actually work quite well as 'photographs' and I would like to post them.

Since I don't want to get the reputation as too morbid for popular taste, I will just put the pictures in this thread unless there is some other suggestion.
Thanks again for the thoughts.

Lew

So very sorry on the passing of your wife Lew. Your photography blog has helped me and I enjoyed reading your critiques on the forum. Safe travels.

So very sorry on the passing of your wife Lew. Your photography blog has helped me and I enjoyed reading your critiques on the forum. Safe travels.

Thank you, Cheryl.
She died as gracefully as she lived.

Most reactions

Back