December

So sorry for your loss. You must be so thankful you have so many photographs to remember your time together.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Holy ****... Lew, where ya' been????

Interesting image; definitely gets me thinking; "Is she hurt?" "Is she ill?", "Is she face-palming because Lew did something...?" I'd say that makes it a good image.

Probably the face-palming is the most likely but she was ill.
My wife died in May after 18 months of rapid deterioration (Frontotemporal Degeneration) and I've sold my house, given away the contents and have nothing left but cameras, photos, some clothes and books. Everything fits in my mini-van and I'm free to go anywhere, do anything.
So sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Holy ****... Lew, where ya' been????

Interesting image; definitely gets me thinking; "Is she hurt?" "Is she ill?", "Is she face-palming because Lew did something...?" I'd say that makes it a good image.

Probably the face-palming is the most likely but she was ill.
My wife died in May after 18 months of rapid deterioration (Frontotemporal Degeneration) and I've sold my house, given away the contents and have nothing left but cameras, photos, some clothes and books. Everything fits in my mini-van and I'm free to go anywhere, do anything.
My condolences Lew. I am very sorry. If your van ever makes it to the West Coast ... let’s hook up.

My condolences Lew. I am very sorry. If your van ever makes it to the West Coast ... let’s hook up.

Thank you for the offer, but just meeting for coffee would be enough.

upload_2018-9-20_14-51-42.png

I reacted strongly to this image, and story. There's something I also wanted to mention. As an art form, this is photography at its finest, in my opinion. Raw and honest expression of the most real part of life.

As a photograph I believe its merits hold up to the weight of its content. What a shot

Nominated Photo of the Month

It's good to see you back, but a little sad to hear of your life's recent events. I think more photos here would be perfectly fine and welcome, and not morbid. Life's got tough moments, we know that. I hope your upcoming travels and adventures are good ones.

I reacted strongly to this image, and story. There's something I also wanted to mention. As an art form, this is photography at its finest, in my opinion. Raw and honest expression of the most real part of life.

As a photograph I believe its merits hold up to the weight of its content. What a shot

Nominated Photo of the Month

Thank you for the comment. It is very hard to be objective in this situation and I am happy that the photo resonated with you.

It's good to see you back, but a little sad to hear of your life's recent events. I think more photos here would be perfectly fine and welcome, and not morbid. Life's got tough moments, we know that. I hope your upcoming travels and adventures are good ones.

Thanks. I am currently in Barcelona airport waiting for a flight to Casablanca so I can't add other photos until I return after Oct 8. Actually I lost my connection in Barcelona and am now in small but lovely hotel in casablanca.
IMG_20180923_002946.jpg

It is a very moving shot and I have many like it and I do not wish to appear to be insensitive to your loss, but an interesting observation if I may. In your photo page under "oldscans," almost every image you have posted shows a connection between the subject and the camera. While it's not always a direct connect, it is enough for the viewer to have an understanding of the context of the time, place or emotion.

This image does not reflect the same emotional context to your wife as you show in your old scans of her. In this image you seemingly wanted to disassociate your connection to your wife, almost like you were hiding her. When my mother passed from dementia five years ago, I went back and looked at the pics I'd taken of her while she went through the stages of the illness and realized I'd done pretty much the same. I didn't take pictures of her when she had that totally lost look but rather shot in a manner so as if to hide the emotion. As a result, while there were some good times and some associative good shots during the time frame, I found most of them were more centered to how I hated the disease as it stole her memory of me, away.

I hope you have the bad time shots, too and that you post them as a part of the digression as that is the real story.

It is a bizarre statement of the world that I am in the Morrocan desert and have a great signal from Google fi and can respond.
You comment deserves a better answer than I can pick out with two fingers and I will try to get to answer later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back