What's new

Deconstructive Immersion

PlanetStarbucks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
406
Reaction score
55
Location
Salt Lake City
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing around with some photographs I had that I had, when this series came to me. Essentially, they're all just crops of much bigger impacts. I was trying to find a way of showing the action of the impact without showing the whole thing. You know...focus on the most intense parts. To be honest, I'm not really sure what to think. At times I'm mesmerized by the violence, and at others overwhelmed by it. Too confusing? or is that a good thing?

1.
Splash5.jpg


2.
SplashNeg1.jpg


3.
Splash4.jpg


4.
Splash6.jpg
 
I enjoyed #4 the most. It really held me, and made me explore it.
 
All very nice. I especially like the dynamics in #2.

Funny, I opened this thread while listening to Björk's Cry Me A River which seems very appropriate:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
#4 looks like a scrotum. A gilded scrotum.
 
I like them all. I've looked at them several times now.

As for what #4 looks like, I suppose anything a little on the abstract side is just a sort of ink blot ...
 
#4 looks like a scrotum. A gilded scrotum.

Lol, you caught me...it actually is bull scrot...

Actually, 4 was a slight trick. It was a negative before the color was applied. I reduced all of these to ultra high contrast black and white, then colorized them with that blue color.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom