Dedicated rain gear?

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know about the shower caps and i have used ziplock bags, but i was wondering if anyone used dedicated rain gear?

I'm going to be working as a volunteer photographer for the walk for leukemia this weekend and they are saying it should rain. While the ziplock is good in a pinch, not sure how shooting 5 hours with it will work.

any advice?

Is that a real poncho or that a Sears poncho?

_D307750.jpg

:lmao:​

If you're like me and need the extra large condoms, the non-lubricated ones will snug tightly to your gear.​

Whatever you use, make sure you have a few silicon..... or is it scilica packs to help draw out moisture of your wet gear. Of course, this is after you've wiped down everything down with a Sham-Wow.​

My money is on Sears, but either way I'm pretty sure he's gonna have stinkfoot (which is very hard to wash off) after walking around in the rain in that poncho...

I find that the best plan is to try to shelter the camera from the rain rather than bagging it up. Keeping a camera in a sealed bag tends to (at least in my experience) cause condensation to form on the equipment, while keeping it under your umbrella or rain jacket allows better air circulation and easier access. If you do go the bag route, cut a hole for the lens and rubber band the bag to the barrel, and also consider leaving the bottom of the bag open (rain only falls down, and sometimes sideways, but very rarely upwards...)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to St. Alphonso's pancake breakfast, where I plan to steal the margarine :eyebrows:

- Randy

My money is on Sears, but either way I'm pretty sure he's gonna have stinkfoot (which is very hard to wash off) after walking around in the rain in that poncho...
Still... It's better than walking around in lead-filled snow-shoes.

Umbrella-hat. But I suggest making your own as I've never seen one large enough to do much good to your photo gear. Cut the "stem" at the length you want to keep the umbrella over your head and stick a rubber piece on the end.

Yes, you'll look like a dork but it kept my gear dry.

Good luck.

Edit = Go down the page for what looks like a home-made one.
http://indublyduberme.wordpress.com...bersuperepicspectacluarnotretardedatall-news/

Honestly, for a one off day like the parade, I'd just cut a black sack to suit and some gaffers tape.

Actually, it's an Eddie Bauers. And I'm trudging across the tundra..... mile after mile.....
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to St. Alphonso's pancake breakfast, where I plan to steal the margarine :eyebrows:
Please, don't abuse the sausage patty.

Still... It's better than walking around in lead-filled snow-shoes.
I'm still wearing my python boot....... on my zomby hoofs.

I use a Kata rainbag. It wasn't cheap, but it works great.

Go for a garbage bags pauncho for you.

Most reactions

Back