newrmdmike TPF Noob! Joined May 8, 2006 Messages 2,107 Reaction score 1 Location it varies. Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 15, 2007 #1 a little overboard on the sharpening i think, but otherwise okay? critiques welcome!
Kevyn TPF Noob! Joined Jan 7, 2007 Messages 95 Reaction score 1 Location Surrey Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 15, 2007 #2 It's got a very creepy feel about it, i dont think it is too over sharpened, i think that adds to the effect. nice photo
It's got a very creepy feel about it, i dont think it is too over sharpened, i think that adds to the effect. nice photo
Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up! Joined Aug 30, 2006 Messages 14,491 Reaction score 206 Location Europe 67.51°N Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 15, 2007 #3 Hmm, I think it is dead, isn't it? sorry for this highly qualified comment I think the sharpening has stretched the limits, but not crossed any limits if you see what I mean. I like the colours, and like the crop. one could have given a bit more empty space in the lower part of the image, as now it is a half / half, otherwise it could be a third/third/third but maybe that would not work with so much empty space... maybe something in between.
Hmm, I think it is dead, isn't it? sorry for this highly qualified comment I think the sharpening has stretched the limits, but not crossed any limits if you see what I mean. I like the colours, and like the crop. one could have given a bit more empty space in the lower part of the image, as now it is a half / half, otherwise it could be a third/third/third but maybe that would not work with so much empty space... maybe something in between.
MichaelMigz TPF Noob! Joined Dec 26, 2005 Messages 184 Reaction score 1 Jan 15, 2007 #4 I agree kevyn...I think the sharpness really works with this image. Nice job!
newrmdmike TPF Noob! Joined May 8, 2006 Messages 2,107 Reaction score 1 Location it varies. Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 22, 2007 Thread Starter 🔹 #5 thanks guys. but kevin i disagree . . . so many people subscribe to the rule of thirds so often it gets stale, its not an end all rule to photographic composition. and it felt good to emphasise natural symmetry with photographic symmetry.
thanks guys. but kevin i disagree . . . so many people subscribe to the rule of thirds so often it gets stale, its not an end all rule to photographic composition. and it felt good to emphasise natural symmetry with photographic symmetry.
Oldfireguy TPF Noob! Joined Jan 8, 2006 Messages 987 Reaction score 6 Location Puyallup, WA Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 22, 2007 #6 Let's see it in B&W. I think it would look good.