Deer Sunpool

Johnny Dee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken at the National Sequoia Forest. This deer let me follow her and get pretty close.

2571177995_62467f5737.jpg

Nice - must have been great being able to get so close without spooking the deer. however I think that the sun is not helping and has blown out the whites - you could have tried lowering the exposure compensation and the woods don't look too dense for you to do that and get away with it set like that for most of the brightest parts of the day.
The only other thing that stands out to me as an area where you can improe is that this looks like you shot whilst standing - granted that when you are close you don't want to move at all for fear of spooking the animal or bird, but if you can take an upright shot and then get down low to the ground (crouch) and then shoot again - getting a different angle to that which the human eye normally sees is a great way to enhance nature photography

Good work *and good luck* hope to see more!

Good shot! The entire thing looks a bit blue to me... I think it would help if you warmed it up just a touch.

I don't see the "sun pool" as blown out here, and I must express how happy I am for you, Johnny, that this deer let you follow her and get this close!

But I share bethany's thoughts on the overall colour coolness of this photo. Also I would associate a spot or WARMTH with a "sun pool", therefore some slightly warmer colour temperatures would transport this feeling even more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back