Defective memory cards -- HELP!

gabelimom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone-

I just did a shoot and now the memory card is not working. It has the images on it from the first shoot of the day, but when I tried to take more photos, the images were erasing themselves as I was shooting. Thank God I was checking, or else I would have done a second shoot and not even had one image of it! :(

Also, the images that are still on the card from the first shoot will not upload to my computer. I've checked the card in the camera, and the images are there. How can I get them off the card? If it helps, I shot with a D70 and it's a 2G Sandisk.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Have you tried using a USB cable from your camera to upload them? If you can view them on the camera, I think this method should work. If that doesn't work, try putting the memory card into different pc's/card readers, maybe one will be able to read it.

Just google recovery memeory cards and there is a host of software that you can use to help you debug your card.

After you get the images off your card I would suggest to reformat it. Reformatting should be done everytime you dump the images off your card. Only do it through your camera however, not through your editing software. This should help prevent this from happening again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back