Demotivationally Speaking

Speed JUnkyz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you have some funny or even inspiring demotivational posters? Well lets see them... :D

Ill start:

giant-spiders-men-into-girls-demoti.jpg

good place to find them is google :D

ok? so that means we can't get a couple laughs from them? I say press charges on those who violate them.....but most are up for grabs lol

I'm sorry Speed JUnkyz, but this is a common misconception these days that most people believe just because it's available on Google (bing, Yahoo, you name it...) it's free.

Here are the terms of use of the web site where this image came from. I don't know where you found it but either way you would have to have written permission to link this image here or be the copyright holder.

... 4. Your Use of Content on the Website
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content on the Websites.
A. The content on the Websites, except all User Submissions, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, pictures, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Pet Holdings, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Websites is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Pet Holdings reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Websites and the Content.

I'm quoting the rules and just because most of the population is doing it doesn't make it right.

Sorry, this one actually applies in this case:

...E. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, reproduction, transmission, broadcast, selling, licensing, downloading, or otherwise exploiting any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Websites for any commercial purposes.

Not to mention it is also a violation of the forum's rules.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/faq.php

*sigh*

Can't everyone just take a thread and have some fun with it without bringing down the technical crap? Every forum on the internet has pictures posted from google, we are not so special and elite to be *above* posting a few images as well. As much as some seem to think we are.

buzzkill-death-morbid-reality-sucks.jpg

Bring on the anal police. :pig::pig:
I love the smell of bacon in the morning.

Oh im sorry i didnt think i was doing any harm. I figured if I got it from google that someone has released the rights...

So from now on Ill post my own posters lol :D and everyone can be happy :D

I understand that not every person online can know copyright law. However, there are forum rules that everyone of us agreed to and we are supposed to go by those rules.

These rules are supposed to protect the ones who actually came up with that stuff because in certain cases these people make a living off of it.

Here some more background info that everyone should know who ever takes a camera in their hands:

Definition of copyright infringement by the U.S. Copyright Office:
As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.
When anyone performs an image search on Google and clicks on it, it states on the top of the page:

Image may be subject to copyright.
This actually means that someone created that image and is supposed to be contacted if anyone wants to use it.

This may sounds incredibly lame but again, we all buy DVDs, songs from iTunes or buy a poster of our idols (do the young folks still do that these days?) and we actually pay for that. Why? Because it is intellectual property and therefore the people and companies involved in the production deserve to get paid.

I've lost quite a bit of money because of people who ripped my images and sold them as prints on ebay, Zazzle and other places, even the images ended up in high resolution on the Google image search. Then I have to explain small company owners when they use my image that they are infringing my copyright, despite their "excuse": "I didn't know that you are the copyright owner - I just downloaded it from Google"

Well helloooooo, it says on Google: Image may be subject to copyright.

Wake up, words do have a meaning. We use them to communicate. This means you have to pay for the use of an image. People are just ignorant.But here on a photo forum, members should be well more aware of how this works.

Horse is dead guys lol

Not quite yet.

I have no problem with someone like you who makes an error because you don't really understand the copyright laws. A few of us point it out to you, you learn and move on.

But I do have a problem with someone who has been on this forum long enough to know better suggesting that it is a joke. So I have a question for Josh220.

Can you put a watermark on your photos saying it is fine to steal them and use them any which way we want?

Yes, there are some overpaid artists out there but most are not and photographers are usually in the most part.

@ Speed JUnkyz
I'm sure you didn't start this thread with the intention of "screwing" anyone. I just wanted to make you aware.

Horse is dead guys lol

Not quite yet.

I have no problem with someone like you who makes an error because you don't really understand the copyright laws. A few of us point it out to you, you learn and move on.

But I do have a problem with someone who has been on this forum long enough to know better suggesting that it is a joke. So I have a question for Josh220.

Can you put a watermark on your photos saying it is fine to steal them and use them any which way we want?

Yes, there are some overpaid artists out there but most are not and photographers are usually in the most part.

I don't put watermarks on any of my photos. I have seen maybe one or two people on here who actually should be using watermarks. Everyone else just does it to boost their own ego. So no, I won't put a "steal my photo" watermark on any of my pictures.

I just feel as if people here are too anal some times. There is a time and place for legal bullsh*t. There is a difference between a professional quality image and one taken with a $20 P&S then turned into a poster and found on Google.

I'm over it, I'll let you guys go over your fun legal facts and flex your internet muscles. I don't have pissing matches on the internet over such trivial issues.

It has nothing to do with internet muscles. It has to do with the fact that I'm glad for you that you have a day job.

I don't.

I live off of my art and I see no reason for everyone to use it any which way they want. From your response you obviously don't want to give people free use of your photos so why should I?

If being too anal stops a family portrait (shot by a family member, not a pro) send to a lab for printing (never shown on the internet, mind you) from ending up billboard size in some store's window halfway across the world, I will be too anal.

You bet.

It has nothing to do with internet muscles. It has to do with the fact that I'm glad for you that you have a day job.

I don't.

I live off of my art and I see no reason for everyone to use it any which way they want. From your response you obviously don't want to give people free use of your photos so why should I?

If being too anal stops a family portrait (shot by a family member, not a pro) send to a lab for printing (never shown on the internet, mind you) from ending up billboard size in some store's window halfway across the world, I will be too anal.

You bet.

That's my point. There is a time and place for that thinking, in which it is totally understandable. I just think you guys are a little uptight sometimes. We are all here to have fun :D

Most reactions

Back