Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/2.8
ISO 64
1/200 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
150 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

Key Light OCF Right SB 910 With Westcott 60" Optical (Shot Through), OCF Left SB 910 With Westcott 60" Optical (Shot Through), Rear Center SB 700 (Amber Gel) With 26" Westcott Rapid Box (Bare No Additional Modifiers) - Using Phottix/Odin II System.

20180915-untitled-13-Edit.jpg

D850
f/2.8
ISO 64
1/200 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
105 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

Key Light OCF Right SB 910 With Westcott 60" Optical (Shot Through), OCF Left SB 910 With Westcott 60" Optical (Shot Through), Rear Center SB 700 (Amber Gel) With 26" Westcott Rapid Box (Bare No Additional Modifiers) - Using Phottix/Odin II System.

20180915-untitled-16-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

She looks like the gentleman you're always taking photos of. Are they related?

Good Eye @Dean_Gretsch ...yes...but in their joint image (father-daughter), he was slightly out of focus. I think I should of closed down & then both would of been in focus...

A couple of thoughts: I would have preferred her chin to be lowered a bit; having the chin raised tends to give people a "fuller" look to their face, which many find less than desirable. As well, a slight turn of the body would have made her pose much more appealing I think.

A couple of thoughts: I would have preferred her chin to be lowered a bit; having the chin raised tends to give people a "fuller" look to their face, which many find less than desirable. As well, a slight turn of the body would have made her pose much more appealing I think.

Thanks!

Echoing the comments above on chin and turning the body. Having the body squared off will tend to exaggerate bulk, while turning slightly will diminish. Bottom weighting the image as in the first shot will also tend to exaggerate the weight of shoulders and bust. My preference is to have the head tilted slightly, whether to the high shoulder or low depends on which one looks the best. I suspect that this was more of a spur of the moment shot but when planning for future you might try a little more loose fiiting clothing with a collar as to me it just seems more feminine. Lastly I'm not sure about the color of the gel, it doesn't seem to be helping either skin or hair.

Echoing the comments above on chin and turning the body. Having the body squared off will tend to exaggerate bulk, while turning slightly will diminish. Bottom weighting the image as in the first shot will also tend to exaggerate the weight of shoulders and bust. My preference is to have the head tilted slightly, whether to the high shoulder or low depends on which one looks the best. I suspect that this was more of a spur of the moment shot but when planning for future you might try a little more loose fiiting clothing with a collar as to me it just seems more feminine. Lastly I'm not sure about the color of the gel, it doesn't seem to be helping either skin or hair.

As for the Amber Gel, I thought it would make for good rim/hair lighting...bring the shine out of her blond hair...

Thanks @smoke665

I think both of these are unflattering pictures of her. They head placement within the frame area, and the square on body, and expressions, neither really does it for me.

In addition to the above comments, the composition of these doesn't work for me. The first is way too tight up top, with too much camo on the bottom half. In the second, while the spacing is much better, just isn't particularly interesting, with her squared up to the camera and centered horizontally in the frame.

FWIW, I think the amber gel is fine on her. The problem with the hues in the image(s) is that her hair and skin tone are just too close to the color of the panels in the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back