Denneen Magazeen

delizo23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i know i know, i spelled magazine wrong... just wanted it to rhyme with her name haha. and yeah the magazine thing is kinda played out but whatever, she wanted to do it.

so this was pretty hard to light up. i didnt think about the magazine pages being glossy. so my first shot was a giant reflection of the backdrop. sooooo, i had to do some tricky lighting to get it to not do that. and also i dont know if i like the way i edited it. let me know what you think. always down for criticism.

p399481042-4.jpg

Ehhh... this doesn't do a lot for me. She's a pretty girl, but the pose seems rather masculine and at odds with her attire, which in turn has no connection to the magazine background (Although you've done a good job of lighting - care to share your technique for this?). I think there's loads of potential here, but you're going to need to get back to the studio to realize it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Ehhh... this doesn't do a lot for me. She's a pretty girl, but the pose seems rather masculine and at odds with her attire, which in turn has no connection to the magazine background (Although you've done a good job of lighting - care to share your technique for this?). I think there's loads of potential here, but you're going to need to get back to the studio to realize it.

~John

thanks for the advice John.

Lighting info:
-AB800 1/8 power, in large Softbox right of subject. kind of like a rim light and making sure not to hit the background.
-AB800 1/32 power, bare, left of subject but high like a hair light.
-Silver reflector (my windshield sun blocker thing, haha), camera left catching the softbox light

here is another picture. i think its a stronger pose. has a little more depth. i like her messy hair. and i made her put her shoes on ($400 shoes), more shadows. but there is the FREAKING GLARE on the backdrop! this was another lighting set up i tried, but was a fail. ugh
p437948267-4.jpg

~John

+1

I was even wondering if she was a fighter or something at first, because of the pose.

Then I was thinking that she didn’t look beat up, or really that buff for a woman.

The pose is lacking in my opinion, unless you were trying to make her look tough and masculine that is.

Hope this helps.

This is crying out for some eye catchlights.

I like the edit. It has a magazine feel to it.... which... obviously is appropriate.

This is crying out for some eye catchlights.

yeah, her eyes were pretty dark. i just couldnt get any light there due to the constraints of trying to not get a glare on the background. and i was running out of light modifiers. i was trying to make a lot of shadow on her body

Most reactions

New Topics

Back