gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week, I visited Des Moines for a short time and captured the following pictures. I've included a few photos (#1, #4 and #11) from my prior trip in 2016 as well.

1- Downtown from the University Avenue bridge
p4146394901-5.jpg

2- Inner dome of the Iowa State Capitol
p4146394945-5.jpg

3- Iowa State Law Library
p4146403156-5.jpg

4- Iowa Women of Achievement Bridge
p4146394947-5.jpg

5- Brutalist staircase
p4146395061-5.jpg

6- Basilica of St John
p4146396840-5.jpg

7- Sculpture in Pappajohn Sculpture Park (repeat of an image I captured in 2016, but with less desirable light)
p4146395099-5.jpg

8- Des Moines Central Library
p4146395076-5.jpg

9- Capitol Dome
p4146395100-5.jpg

10- Meier Staircase in Des Moines Art Center
p4146395049-5.jpg

11- Downtown from the capitol steps
p4146394948-5.jpg

12- The Capitol shines over Des Moines and is the only state capitol with five domes!
p4146418736-5.jpg

Thanks again for looking...
Glenn

#5 is top for me ....

and my dearest apologize for saying so again, this your format of signature is just terrible and taints photos severely ...

I'm not typically into architecture photos, but I really like your set. Nice job.

#5 is top for me ....

and my dearest apologize for saying so again, this your format of signature is just terrible and taints photos severely ...
Thanks for commenting. The signature format is a personal choice...just as my choice of photography subjects and compositions is. I don't expect everyone to like every choice that I make. For those who are bothered by the watermark, all of these photos are always available for viewing (without any watermarks) on my photography website at nagelphotography.com. The latest images are easily accessed through the "Recent Images" tab.
I'm not typically into architecture photos, but I really like your set. Nice job.
Thanks Scott...the more I shoot, the more I seem to be gravitating toward architecture as a subject!

Glenn

Wonderful set!

#10 should be hanging in an office somewhere. It is my pick from this wonderful set that is so typically interesting in your presentations.

Hard to pick a favorite, it's a very nice set but I'm most attracted to #4 and 7.

a great set, all are very well done. but #5 stands out to me the most. i love how everything is squared up perfectly in the frame. and the strong diagonals from the balcony and stairwell point to the only pop of color in the image. excellent work!

#10 should be hanging in an office somewhere. It is my pick from this wonderful set that is so typically interesting in your presentations.
Thanks Dean...#10 was handheld due to the restriction on tripods inside the Art Center. I'm glad I was able to capture that image. My new mirrorless camera (Nikon Z7ii) has image stabilization, which helped.
Hard to pick a favorite, it's a very nice set but I'm most attracted to #4 and 7.
Thank you...#4 was captured during my last visit to Des Moines in 2016. During this trip, I was shocked to see my picture hanging in my hotel room at the Hilton when I checked into my hotel after just returning from that same bridge! Apparently, the Hilton purchased the image from one of the microstock agencies that I submit photos to!
a great set, all are very well done. but #5 stands out to me the most. i love how everything is squared up perfectly in the frame. and the strong diagonals from the balcony and stairwell point to the only pop of color in the image. excellent work!
Thank you!

Glenn

Nice set!

That is one of the best shots of the inside of the capital's dome I've ever seen! LOVE it!

And, I really like the night shot of our beautiful capital! Some day, I hope to get there to shoot. Des Moines has so many opportunities.

Nice set!

That is one of the best shots of the inside of the capital's dome I've ever seen! LOVE it!

And, I really like the night shot of our beautiful capital! Some day, I hope to get there to shoot. Des Moines has so many opportunities.
Thank you...there are many interesting subjects to photograph in Des Moines.

Glenn

Nice shots. Pretty city. I like #4 too. It flows and has interesting shapes and design caught well. The logo signature is fine for posters. I wonder why these are always done that way?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back