Describe your accidents

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are always my favorite threads on other forums.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACCIDENT/S (not necessarily photographically related).

1) I have 4 siblings. One night my parents are out of the house, so we play a game where you run around the house, which is strewn with blankets and sleeping bags, and when someone yells "STOP", you stop. I was jumping down the one step separating the stone entry-way from the living room when my brother yelled "STOP!" I landed on a sleeping bad, while wearing socks, slipped backwards, and hit my head on the stone step. A little blood, some pain, stitches, and a 1" scar on the back of my head.

2) At a minor-league baseball game you get food coupons if you recover a foul ball. A foul ball goes out of the park, my sister and I run after it but don't get it. Walking back to the entrance, another foul comes up over the stadium, and straight into my kneecap. Didn't hurt that bad, and we got a coupon. :thumbup:

3) I think I got hit in the face with a baseball bat while standing behind my brother...but I don't really remember.

4) Last year I rode rollerblades for the first time in years. I was going down a slight incline, picked up a lot of speed, and tried to use the heel-brake. But I was wearing my roommate's hockey skates (sans-brake), so I assumed the lounge-chair position in mid-air, and ended up breaking a bone in my left hand.

5) I don't know how, but I got a hernia as a little kid. My mom says that hours after the operation I was sliding on my stomach on the coffee table.

When I played HS football, i really split my chin open from getting hit by a facemask bracket in a big pile. I've had a little beard ever since to hide the give or take 1" scar on my chin.

I also got hit by a police officer going 50mph on a highway when I was on my bike. I was crossing the highway on my bike, cop sped around the corner, tagged the front wheel on my bike, my bike came out from under me, and i was just on the ground. I walked away with no injuries, my bike was all torn up, and the cop car front end was a little scratched up.

When I went to Colorado for vacation my fiancé and I spent the night at a hotel. We were in the little part before the bathroom playing around with the dryer. He was trying to blow the air into my face and I stepped into the actual bathroom. The light was off and I was trying to hide behind the door. Before I knew it I had tripped over the edge of the bathtub (which was right behind me) and fell into it, hitting my head on the metal handicap bar on the way down. I blacked out for a second but I was alright.

THE DAY AFTER

My friends and I were sight seeing before going to a concert. We pulled into a red light and it seemed as though it wasn't going to turn green. There was an accident to the left of us down the street so we knew the cops weren't around. No one was around. We decided to run the red light. While doing this (and I didn't have my seat belt on) we crashed into the median. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE COPS..and I flew up in my seat and hit my head ..again..on the roof of the car. It hurt sooo bad.

When I was a kid I was riding my bike when I encountered a couple bullies. So I tried getting away when one tried to grab the handlebars and when he did he pulled me down and about shredded one of my elbows. To this day I don't know why I didn't just slam on the brakes instead.

Slammed a finger in a car door
Sliced a finger open trying to open a can of spam

Haven't had any other vehicular accidents though I should have. Strangest one was the day I was driving around the university of Albany and somehow found myself puttering down a pedestrian walkway in my MGB. People look at you funny when you realize the 'road' ends with a four-inch drop onto the actual road meant for cars. Needed a new exhaust system after that one.

Claff said:
Slammed a finger in a car door

I've done that one a bunch of times, too. I seem to always put my fingers where they're not supposed to go.

i had a wrestling tournament one time that i dropped like . . . 12 lbs. for in 5 days. from 127 to 115. two days after the tournament i passed out at toyota center in front of a huge croud of people from dehydration. pretty emaressing, needless to say i don't cut weight anymore and weigh 150.

this last summer i broke a 1/2" tap off in a part and a piece of hot metal went in my left eye. it melted its way down into it, right against the cornea. i didn't even feel it, my eye started to hurt, but i couldn't see anything and neither could the shop manager, so i finished the day. driving home SUCKED, i wasso sensitive to light i couldn't keep my eye open, so the next day a lady dug around witha needle, but couldn't get it all. so a couple days after at a different doctor and some eye to needle time later they got it all out.

I DON'T BREATHE WITHOUT SAFETY GOGGLES ANYMORE.

finally at the beginning of this semester i was riding my bike like 10-20 miles a day. and i was on a road were the speed limit is 30, and its going slightly down hill, so i can keep up with traffic. i got close to my turn and decided to turn going as fast as possible. there was a little sand on the road and the bike shot out from under me, and i skidded across the road. both my palms were toat, and my right forearm to shoulder. the road ate through my shirt and everything. tons of people saw, it was pretty embarresing. then, to top it off i got locked out of my room while next door getting some cotton balls, so i'm bloody, shirtless and locked out in the hallway for the next hour until my roommate comes back.

SUCK . . .

When I was in 9th grade...so about 14 years old...I broke my leg while riding on a GT Snow Racer. We were up on top of this really big hill...at the bottom was a street. There was an old drive way at the bottom...that had been blocked of with 8" x 8" wooden posts driven into the ground. Normally, we could turn off before we got to the street...but as this was the last run of the day...we were racing from the very top. I was going so fast that I couldn't steer onto the turn off...so I was headed for the posts. I thought about trying to go between them...but going so fast, I was worried about hitting it head on...so I bailed off to the side. My left shin hit one of the posts...and sheared it right though. Half of the post was still in the frozen ground...and the other half was 5 feet away. Snapped my shin bone, right in the middle.

That was probably the worst one....I've got so many other injuries from biking, football, rugby, hockey etc...

The worst part was the cast...the first 6 weeks was toe to hip...then toe to above knee for another 5 weeks...then a plastic brace for about 6 months.

I haven't had too many accidents.... so far.I guess my worst one was when I was about 9 or 10 when me and my older brother where trying out a new air sled we had just got.We decided to go down the driveway (which is rather steep) I was up front he was in back,and about half way down the sled started spining around and I guess it must have hit a patch of gravel or something cause it flipped over and I landed on my face grinding it into the ice and gravel and continued to slid down the hill a ways and to top that off my brother lands right on top of me further cutting my face up.:lol:

In a metal shop, I was drilling out a piece to be tapped. The almost 1/2" bit that I was drilling with binded in the part and shattered, sending a sliver of it into my right arm. The scar measures about two inches long since it went in at a pretty small angle.

On my grand canyon river trip this past August, on Hermit Falls, we flipped our boat. That was fun. Hermit is 10 consecutive, 25-ish-foot rolling waves. We didn't have enough momentum to pull over the last one, so we flipped. That was actually a whole lot of fun. No injuries to me or the other six paddlers.

I think that's about it really.

dang midget, good thing your sliver didn't go in your eye!

when my tap bound up and broke there weren't any big pieces.

there was a guy at the shop that taking a big stringer from his machine to the hopper, and tripped on it or somthing, anyways the shaving cut a huge chunk out of his calf, we had to call an ambulance. NOT PRETTY. . . but he ended up alright

When I was in the service I accidentally slammed a metal door into my drill instructor's hand, breaking one of his upper joints on a finger. Need I say more??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back