What's new

desert

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,387
Reaction score
73
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted much lately, been in kind of a rut photographically speaking. :( These didn't really do much for me in color, i'm just curious if anyone else has any feedback... thanks. :mrgreen:

1.
IMG_1532.jpg



2.
IMG_1537.jpg



3.
IMG_1528.jpg



4.
IMG_1560.jpg
 
Don't tell me about "ruts, photographically speaking" :roll: --- don't I know what that feels like a little too well?

Of all of these I like the last one best, the desolation of the desert depicted by that old ... piece of ... whatever that is on wheels there, and its dryness shown by the sand, the cactus and the harsh shadows - that hint at the bright sun. Also I appreciate the high horizon a lot more than the centred one of Photo 3.

If I were more of a car person, I'd probably also like 2 best, though. Cool close-up on a detail of that old car, and here I also even like the tilt.
 
thanks blair! corinna, i could feel something wrong with #3, and now that you mention the centered horizon i wonder why i didn't really see that before... thanks!
 
I love #2 as well, probably because I work for International. ;) j/k Nice shot, love the tones and perspective.
 
#2 for me too! I find it hard to take a good tilt shot...that's a really nice one. Looks good in b/w too.
 
I like no. 3. Could do with a bit of a contrast boost tho (viewing it on my work's PC screen tho, so could be me) :thumbup:
 
#4 is very interesting. There's room for interpretations, but I like the fact that it has a black edge. As for #2, truly nostalgic, I feel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom