Desktop backgrounds for C&C

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've been on this kick lately where I am trying to compile a bunch of photos to use for my desktop backgrounds. I've learned that "complicated = bad" when it comes to the backgrounds, because it distracts me and overstimulates my eyes if I'm staring at the computer for a long period of time. I've also learned what's visually pleasing and relaxing. It's kinda been a fun experiment.

Anyway, here are three I did over the last few days. Any C&C? I know the subject matter isn't terribly interesting, but keep in mind my criteria of what I'm going for.

5096003964_1f6ba089bf_b.jpg

5095402099_22829830b2_b.jpg

I feel like this one is the most promising. I took it by moonlight. The EXIF data on this one was f/2.2, ISO 200, 35mm, 30s. My own critique on this one was too large of an aperture. My DOF was too shallow as a result.
5095997778_356b66019f_b.jpg

I think #1 would be a good BG without the tree. The tree deserves to be the center of it's own picture, but not for a BG, IMO.

And also blurry foreground weeds are distracting in #1 and #3 makes a decent background in my opinion. keep shooting :)

I think #1 would be a good BG without the tree. The tree deserves to be the center of it's own picture, but not for a BG, IMO.

I see what you're saying. The original actually had the tree almost center, but there was a big dark cloud in the upper left corner that I couldn't PP out, so I cropped instead. I think you're right, though, more centered and filling the frame may have been better.

And also blurry foreground weeds are distracting in #1 and #3 makes a decent background in my opinion. keep shooting :)

I agree, the prairie grass was annoying. The problem, was I couldn't wade into the prairie grass (had to stay on the trail) and the grasses were 6-7 feet tall. Should have brought a step ladder. :er:

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep...Simple = good. Here is the one of mine I'm currently using as my desktop background. If you search, I believe there is a thread of desktop backgrounds.

SunsetFlip010609__19.jpg

Yep...Simple = good. Here is the one of mine I'm currently using as my desktop background. If you search, I believe there is a thread of desktop backgrounds.

SunsetFlip010609__19.jpg

Nice shot! I do remember that thread you speak of a few months back. In fact, that's what got me going on this project. Here's the one I was using, but the brightness wasn't suitable for the darkness of my office at night... I love bright, vibrant colors, but this one was a bit over the top, even for me :er:

5097924794_67693af2c9_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back