Detroit Auto Show

Billhyco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had the oppurtunity to visit the autoshow during press week thanks to a work obligation. This is one of the shows that I have always wanted to go so I was quite excited. I took several photos however only am posting a few here so everyone can see what they missed out on :)

Didn't really go overly prepared because just as I expected the place was packed with people. I walked around with my D90 and kit lens for the most part. But the lighting was incredible in this place, definately helped a lot!! Enjoy!

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

what was your setup??? on the d90?? reason asking Im going to the philly autoshow next week

2 and 4 were pretty much right off the camera but the others had some processing. nothing heavy, bump in saturation, cropping, exposure, little stuff. but i admit, i was quite surprised by the kit lens. Normally I carry my 50mm 1.4 or my 90mm but the only zoom lens I have is the kit and I knew I would need it with all the different opportunities and challenges with the crowds.

nothing specific on setup at all... i typically shoot in A mode and auto ISO. All the lighting at these shows just make it so much easier to photo. A lot of direct lighting was the biggest challenge.

I'd love to see #5 in HDR.
#5 doesn't need any HDR. HDR is only needed if you are clipping highlights or shadows. #5 could use some tone mapping, but HDR isn't necessary to accomplish this.
Edit: Something like this
1z4v03n.jpg

#1, #5 and #6 are my favorites.

Last edited:
I went to the philly show I mainly played with my iso and shutter speeds most of the time.the pennsylvania convention centers lighting was bright but tricky when shots came around.I cant wait for the ny show so much better

Most reactions

Back