Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My home town, Detroit, MI.

Detroit_Dusk_0516.jpg

Detroit_Sunset_0527.jpg

Detroit_Dusk_0652.jpg

Belle_Isle_Fountain_0669.jpg

Detroit_Morning_1047_Y_refl.jpg

wow, some stunning shots there! Is it just me though or does the horizon seem slightly off in the first one? The buildings look upright but the water seems to be flowing off to the right. I'm a bit confused.....

wow, some stunning shots there!
Thanks!

Is it just me though or does the horizon seem slightly off in the first one? The buildings look upright but the water seems to be flowing off to the right. I'm a bit confused.....
It's an issue with perspective. Shot from Belle Isle, out in the river, the shoreline seen is not perpendicular to the camera position. The left side of the composition is further away than the right side, thus the perspective pushes slightly up and toward the center of the shot.

Imagine (or try) standing in the middle of a road and shooting a closeup of the buildings down the street with a long lens, including the curb and part of the street, and you'll see the same thing happen.

Hi there.

Those are some great pictures of a great place to visit: The Detroit River. The colour of the sky is absolutely stunning.

One thing I noticed in the first, second and last picture, is there is a little bit of noise in the sky, though this was probably from using a higher ISO.

Very nice pictures. :)

Very nice work, its good to see Detroit put in a good light.

I just wonder how safe you were on Belle Isle at night?

Very nice work, its good to see Detroit put in a good light.

I just wonder how safe you were on Belle Isle at night?
I've never had any trouble there. Actually, I've worked and shot in a lot of places that people said would get me killed, and so far, no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky. ;)

awsome pictures.
i especially love number 3.
after seeing this, i'm gonna have to get down there. i'm about 45 min north of the city.

great

Those are great shots. Every one of them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back