Developing film at Wal-Mart

GerryDavid said:
Its probably just easier to get a negative scanner, or better yet, get a job at a place that has a huge drum scanner, thats very professional and see if you can use it offhours. :0)

Actually, I already have a negative/slide scanner. :D

That was the point of this thread. I want to be able to get the negatives from WalMart with paying extra for the printing.

BTW, I spoke to the "kid" at my Wal-Mart and I can get the film processed without prints. :thumbup:

Esher said:
Does anyone know if Wal-Mart will develop film without making prints? I don't want their prints. I want the negatives so I can scan them. I'm trying to save some money on my developing costs.

By the way, I live in a small town in the mountains which means that Wal-Mart is my only option unless I drive an hour.

Ive worked in a few labs including walmart. Ive never heard of one that wouldnt develop only. That said though, get prints done of a few rolls anyway. You might get some idea of how well they maintain their chemistry this way. If they never do any colour or density corections, then chances are that they cant be bothered with the chemistry either. (the adjustments are coded on the back... NNN N is no adjustment to CMY Density) And dont be too quick to knock a cheap lab... we produced better prints in the walmart I worked in than we did in the 'pro lab' I worked in.

hope this helps

I work at a photostore, we charge 2.99 for a develop only (C41) and we mantain our chems very well. I have seen people bring pics and negs from walmart that are absolutely horrible. Sometimes I wonder what they put in their chemistry. :confused:

-Ryan

panchromatic said:
I work at a photostore, we charge 2.99 for a develop only (C41) and we mantain our chems very well. I have seen people bring pics and negs from walmart that are absolutely horrible. Sometimes I wonder what they put in their chemistry. :confused:

-Ryan

Well, I'm going to try the Wal-Mart here. At $1.24 + tax I won't be out much. I'm not going to use them for anything but test shots until I feel confident in them.

If they don't work out, I'll have to give up film photography and stick to digital.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back