D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wasn't sure if the Photo Themes are intended for C&C, so I will post this shot here too.. It was a rough day for light but I managed a couple I was happy with..

If this is a duplicate or classed as please feel free to delete..

D850 - 24mm - f16 - ISO31

The_Bridge.jpg

Beautiful location. Any idea on the age of the bridge? Is it just a foot/walking bridge?

I like everything about the photograph except the highlights on the rocks by the bridge look blown on my monitor.

I agree, That's probably my post processing that tweaked them too far, I've got the .psd saved so maybe I can revisit it!

As for the bridge; from Wiki:

Dyavolski most was rebuilt between 1515 and 1518 by the Bulgarian Master Dimitar under the Ottoman occupation of Bulgaria. The legend has it, the bridge was built by the Romans to link the Aegean Sea and the region of Thrace in Bulgaria.

That's fascinating, thank you!

Reactions: D7K
Very tough lighting situation. Seems like you did your best. Rocks are blown for me too and the sky looks like magenta/greenish in the highest highlights on my monitor. I generally love reflection shots so I love the composition.

I love that bridge. I hope you will be able to share more photos of it.

I think if you ask for C & C, any thread should receive it.

I love that bridge. I hope you will be able to share more photos of it.

I think if you ask for C & C, any thread should receive it.

Thanks Dean;

Here's a couple I took on the same trip, edited a little differently, I think the highlights have been controlled a little better in the colour reflections version as well as the sky. The original post involved playing with some different editing technique and was shot at one of the brighter moments, I've made mistakes with that one as Jon said with the Magenta/Green cast in the sky and I've blown the highlights on the rocks.. I'll revisit that one for sure..

Devil_Bridge_BW.jpg
Devils_Bridge_Reflections.jpg
Down_River.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    562.3 KB · Views: 73
Ditto on comments remark:

Worked on contrast, tonal balance and color - and removed the rock from the foreground as it acted more like a blocking agent than as a leading agent.

Your original

cr orig.jpg

My edit

cr.jpg

Nice one BD :). I'm revisiting a lot of my older edits as my skills have improved, thanks for the edit and explanation too...

Nice one BD :). I'm revisiting a lot of my older edits as my skills have improved, thanks for the edit and explanation too...

I'm doing that too. I've noticed that the auto WB setting on my old camera made everything blue and now I'm going back and weeping at all the work those pics need. LOL Those three you posted above starting with the B&W one are spectacular. I love those!

Thanks Jon, Trying new editing techniques doesn't always work as expected, but my editing has improved a lot since last year so it's nice to see that I can get closer to what I saw as in the RAW files the highlights are not blown... On most of them anyway :D

Most reactions

Back