Devil's Bridge

Thanks Jon, Trying new editing techniques doesn't always work as expected, but my editing has improved a lot since last year so it's nice to see that I can get closer to what I saw as in the RAW files the highlights are not blown... On most of them anyway :D

I hear you. The first time I opened a raw file and moved the highlight/shadow sliders around my mind was absolutely blown at how much detail is recorded that you don't see in the thumbnail, and how much detail can pulled out of dark shadows and blown highlights. A whole new world!!! lol

Thanks Jon, Trying new editing techniques doesn't always work as expected, but my editing has improved a lot since last year so it's nice to see that I can get closer to what I saw as in the RAW files the highlights are not blown... On most of them anyway :D

I hear you. The first time I opened a raw file and moved the highlight/shadow sliders around my mind was absolutely blown at how much detail is recorded that you don't see in the thumbnail, and how much detail can pulled out of dark shadows and blown highlights. A whole new world!!! lol

Haha yeah, I started with darktable and a d40 6 or so years ago, although I’m confident and comfortable in LR and PS I still like to constantly learn and try new stuff, clearly I’ve overdone the first shot here, I just really liked the light but the rocks did annoy me too, the magenta and green I guess I didn’t see through my rose tinted glasses :D

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Most reactions

Back