Devil's Dictionary

Prime Lens - A zoom lens that requires the user to psycally walk toward the subject to get closer and narrow the field of view.

Ex. "Whats a prime lens? You mean it doesnt zoom? Your camera sucks!"

Screwed - what you are when that new 16 gig card you bought to look professional fails after a full day of shooting, This term can apply to any piece of critical equipment you did not have the foresight to carry a backup for.

Shot Burst - The consumption of 4 or 5 shots of Tequila (or name your poison) in rapid succession where upon reviewing the portrait photo session just completed and realize you forgot to check your ISO setting beforehand.

Last edited:
Shot Burst - The consumption of 4 or 5 shots of Tequila (or name your poison) in rapid succession where upon reviewing the portrait photo session just completed and realize you forgot to check your ISO setting beforehand.

:lol::lol::lol:

Unsharp Mask – The Photographers saving grace for non sharp images, usually used after Shot Burst

Dragging the Shutter – the general demeanor of a photographer at a Sunday morning shoot after a night of Shot Bursts

Sensor: What should be done with alot of the pictures out there ...

Filter: (see sensor)

Shutter: What I do when I look at alot of the stuff that comes out of my camera

Film: An early form of sensor

Bulk Loader: What you used in the days before 8 Gig CF cards

Anti-Shake: Ritalin

Maybe if you actually HAVE Add... but I am aware of quite a few of my fellow actors :sexywink: (I am involved in theatre too) taking them as a VERY POTENT pickmeup. It's a powerful stimulant, and only calms those who already have ADD.

Just a friendly warning before anybody goes out and does anything crazy before an important shoot....

Maybe if you actually HAVE Add... but I am aware of quite a few of my fellow actors :sexywink: (I am involved in theatre too) taking them as a VERY POTENT pickmeup. It's a powerful stimulant, and only calms those who already have ADD.

Just a friendly warning before anybody goes out and does anything crazy before an important shoot....

Never had the urge till now; thanks for the tip.

Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink.

Last edited:
Film Shooting: Clearly antiquated method that is outdated and cannot create the same results as digital. For amatuers only.

Digital Shooting: Clearly new technology that is underdeveloped and cannot create the same results as film. For amatuers only.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back