What's new

Diana's Pool | Round Six | Water Was Cold

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This has to be the fourth or fifth time I've been to Diana's Pool... and each and every time I find a new shot or a new way of shooting an old one. I love this place.

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Circular Polarizer
Natural light

Down by the Wayside by f_one_eight, on Flickr


And here's the original for reference... the D800's DR is astounding. In all ways.



And two of my camera in action.

From Behind by f_one_eight, on Flickr

From Afar by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Cheers!
Jake

P.S., Only really looking for C&C on the first image. The rest are just for fun :)
 
Great capture! I'm jelly, we don't have many waterfalls around here for longer exposures. And I like the camera pics too! They give us a look at what is involved in getting the shot!
 
Great capture! I'm jelly, we don't have many waterfalls around here for longer exposures. And I like the camera pics too! They give us a look at what is involved in getting the shot!


Thanks! Yeah we have a fair number in the state. I'm gonna have to start driving further and exploring more [emoji106][emoji106]
 
Good capture and framing. I also like the photo's of the cameras. I'm undecided on the super silky water. I've seen so much of it.
 
Good capture and framing. I also like the photo's of the cameras. I'm undecided on the super silky water. I've seen so much of it.

I know I know, it may be overdone.
 
Good capture and framing. I also like the photo's of the cameras. I'm undecided on the super silky water. I've seen so much of it.

I know I know, it may be overdone.
I just need to experiment enough to make up my mind. I don't like the super frozen stuff either.
 
Nice pics. Silky is nice, but maybe less? Not sure. I like the camera photos too.
 
Nice pics. Silky is nice, but maybe less? Not sure. I like the camera photos too.

This one was around 8 seconds. So it was "inbetween" per se. Not a minute of smoky goodness, and not 1/250th of stop motion. Maybe I could have tried a 1 second?
 
Great capture! I'm jelly, we don't have many waterfalls around here for longer exposures. And I like the camera pics too! They give us a look at what is involved in getting the shot!


Thanks! Yeah we have a fair number in the state. I'm gonna have to start driving further and exploring more [emoji106][emoji106]

You should come to Hamilton, man! (Ontario). www.cityofwaterfalls.ca We have tons and TONS of a huge variety of waterfalls to practice on. We're the "Steeltown" of Canada, but we should be marketed as a hiking/photography paradise - seriously.
 
Great capture! I'm jelly, we don't have many waterfalls around here for longer exposures. And I like the camera pics too! They give us a look at what is involved in getting the shot!


Thanks! Yeah we have a fair number in the state. I'm gonna have to start driving further and exploring more [emoji106][emoji106]

You should come to Hamilton, man! (Ontario). www.cityofwaterfalls.ca We have tons and TONS of a huge variety of waterfalls to practice on. We're the "Steeltown" of Canada, but we should be marketed as a hiking/photography paradise - seriously.

Seems like a long drive from CT... [emoji16]
 
Haha yeah I suppose so - but a short flight to Buffalo and 45 minutes from there. LOL. I'd love to see what you could do with your camera here. :) There's a Hamilton Waterfall Capital of the World facebook group with a few really good photographers posting regularly, but most of your shots would blow us all out of the water (so to speak).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom