Did Adobe LIE?

Update to the Lightroom experience. Saturday I updated to the new version of LR. In my previous comments I stated that it was extremely slow on booting. That continued to be an issue up till today. This morning I had an alert that there was an update waiting for LR. I installed that update, then open LR. It booted so fast that I almost thought something was wrong!!! Wow, what a change. Anyone else added the latest update????

I was having similar issues. But thought it was my laptop. Drive use was very high, and memory was very high after I opened 6 raw pictures in Lightroom Classic (no updates yet). After doing some initial work on the 6 photos in Lightroom, I moved them over to Photoshop. And things got really slow. Clearly my laptop was loading up the memory and the drive. This morning I removed another program that was really using a lot of resources as well. Right now I am downloading the Lightroom Classic update. So will see what happens after it is installed.

@benhasajeep before I was looking at several mins to load. After this last update, I timed it just over 17 secs. from the time I click on the icon, to the time it's loaded and ready to go. Wow, not sure what they did in the last update, but it's blazing now.

PS didn't update, though it might be slightly faster, on the timer 1 min. 35 sec. from the time I clicked on icon to the point that it fully loaded ready to go.

PS didn't update, though it might be slightly faster, on the timer 1 min. 35 sec. from the time I clicked on icon to the point that it fully loaded ready to go.
Yea, LR loaded way slow. And when I opened the newest Photoshop it took forever to open (first opening of PS 2018).

Just so I can inform my photo club what is actually happening with LR:
Am I right in this summary.
The current LR will be called LR classic going forward and a newer LR incorporating more cloud storage will come on stream as an upgrade to classic/continuity IRA ,,??, I mean LR which you will be leaned on for $19.99 a month.

Questions.
Will this newer version of LR+ 1T cloud be foisted upon users or will there be an option not to get it.
Will LR classic be dropped by Adobe eventually like a hot apple aperture.

The current LR will be called LR classic going forward and a newer LR incorporating more cloud storage will come on stream as an upgrade to classic/continuity IRA ,,??, I mean LR which you will be leaned on for $19.99 a month.

Questions.
Will this newer version of LR+ 1T cloud be foisted upon users or will there be an option not to get it.

There is a new Lightroom CC, 100% cloud based. $9.99 a month included 1tb of cloud storage.

There is the new Adobe Photography package for $9.99. It includes the new Photoshop (2018), includes updated Lightroom CC that is now renamed to Lightroom Classic, and includes the NEW Lightroom CC. And includes 20gb of cloud storage. So the old photo plan is the same, and includes the new cloud based Lightroom.

There is a new Photography package for $19.99 that is the new normal package, and 1tb of cloud storage.

What is going away is the CD version of Lightroom. They have not listed a last sales date for it. But they have said they will stop updating it for newer cameras.

Questions.

There is a new Lightroom CC, 100% cloud based. $9.99 a month included 1tb of cloud storage. ( would be my assumption).

There is the new Adobe Photography package for $9.99. It includes the new Photoshop (2018), includes updated Lightroom CC that is now renamed to Lightroom Classic, and includes the NEW Lightroom CC. And includes 20gb of cloud storage. So the old photo plan is the same, and includes the new cloud based Lightroom.

There is a new Photography package for $19.99 that is the new normal package, and 1tb of cloud storage.

What is going away is the CD version of Lightroom. They have not listed a last sales date for it. But they have said they will stop updating it for newer cameras.

Ok that makes sense. To clarify the 100% cloud Lr standalone would require a constant internet connection. ( would be my assumption).

<snip>

In the process of updating the standalone version to 6.13 which includes support for new cameras.

<snip>

In the process of updating the standalone version to 6.13 which includes support for new cameras.
Todays update they were supposed to add raw support for D850. Maybe be some others in it as well.

To clarify, so there's no misunderstanding. The $9.99/month plan is still in force, it includes the following:
  • The new LR CLASSIC, (desktop version)
  • The new LR CLOUD version
  • The new Photoshop (desktop version)
  • Bridge Desktop Version
  • Camera Raw
  • Extension Manager CC
  • Extendscrip toolkit CC
  • 20 gb online storage at Adobe
  • Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile (I know this is included because I have it installed on tablet, but not sure about additional mobile apps)

Most reactions

Back