Did anybody see this Sandisk card? $24

It's a mail in rebate which in my experience with Sandisk, they've always come through. Granted it takes months, but haven't missed a check from them.

all the comments say the sandisk rebate is baseline fraud. I'd be very careful here.

Interesting. I've had 3 or 4 Sandisk rebates I've sent in over the years and all came back with checks. Must have changed in the last 6 months since I got my last rebate.

Interesting. I've had 3 or 4 Sandisk rebates I've sent in over the years and all came back with checks. Must have changed in the last 6 months since I got my last rebate.

I sent one in three months ago and got the check 3 weeks ago.

No issues here, methinks some people aren't good at filling out rebates.

It's a great price even if you have to go through the hassle of the rebate, but in my experience you are asking for it by putting so many eggs in one basket. I use multiple 4gb cf cards and change them often. I have never suffered a crippling loss, but I'm also QUITE paranoid about losing pictures during a wedding.

It's a great price even if you have to go through the hassle of the rebate, but in my experience you are asking for it by putting so many eggs in one basket. I use multiple 4gb cf cards and change them often. I have never suffered a crippling loss, but I'm also QUITE paranoid about losing pictures during a wedding.

eh, in a few months I'll have the 5dMKII and without one of these, will only be able to store 20 raws per card :)

YIKES!
Thanks.
That's a fantastic offer.

If you get three, you get $300 in total rebate. That's $14.95 for a 16G Extreme III.

Wonder what's the catch? I can't believe anyone will forget or make an error in a $300 rebate.

You are not getting "cash back" - you are getting some kind of "debit Visa card". Still do not see a catch :(

...but in my experience you are asking for it by putting so many eggs in one basket.

The question I asked myself is which is more likely: the card failing or me losing a card. I decided the odds of me misplacing a card were way more likely than the card failing. The more cards I have to keep track of, the more likely I'm going to lose one.

I've gotten all the Sandisk rebates I've sent in.

Yea. It would suck if you put all your pics on an 16GB, and end up malfunctioning.

Question. I'm new to dSLRs, but what kind of memory stick should I get? I'm thinking of purchasing a D90, and would the speed of my memory stick matter? I plan on getting a 4GB. I don't mind the wait to transfer the pictures from memory stick to the computer. But will a faster memory stick matter when taking pictures(example: bursts).

I have one of these (that I paid signifigantly more for) and it is great to have this much storage in the camera. In my 40D, I take RAW and jpg at the highest quality together, and it holds over 900 shots. In jpg alone, about 5000. It has been very reliable and is the only card that has been in the camera for the last 4 months.

Thanks for the heads up Keith! :thumbup:

I'd go for it if it was the Extreme IV. My D200 may not take advantage of the extra speed, but the D3 or D700 that I have coming in a couple months does. When I purchase, I'll get at least 4.

Did they not have this deal going earlier this summer as well? I seem to remember seeing this deal in a few flickr groups. They have to be selling a ton of these cards, because people are purchasing them left and right! :)

The Extreme III are plenty fast enough for the camera, going to the Extreme IV means that your camera and card reader need to support UDMA mode. Not a problem for the newest cameras out there, but anything older than 6 months probably wont support the IV series. It takes a while to offload 16 GB of photos, but I never let that many accumulate anyway. This is a great card if you have a fast camera and dont want to fuss with swapping cards midway through a shoot. I shot 2000 pics on my last vacation with mine, worked like a charm, and never got bogged down even shooting at full speed on the 40D.

Jerry, The Extreme III holds up fine shooting RAW at 8.5fps with my 1D MKII, but I guess the IV would be beneficial in downloading the files, but you will need a Firewire reader to take advantage of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back