Did He Just Moon Me?

DennyCrane

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's been more than a few threads where people have posted some moon pictures. Let's throw what we have here and share notes.

Full2.jpg

f/11
ISO-200
1/125

Denny,
Are you getting ready for the USA's missile launch and ensuing impact on the moon? Seriously, the USA plans to send a missile to impact the moon this very week,and apparently the plume of impact debris is supposed to be visible on the southern area of the Moon, from Earth!!! Your setup ought to be able to capture it.

I'm NOT making this up.

I think you are mixing that up with the satellite they (NASA) plans on crashing into the south pole of the moon to see if there is any evidence of water on the moon...

Nice shot though, what focal length/lens did you use?

I think you are mixing that up with the satellite they (NASA) plans on crashing into the south pole of the moon to see if there is any evidence of water on the moon...

Nice shot though, what focal length/lens did you use?

i was just on the link and it recalls it as a missile to impact the moon.
NASA to Bomb Moon in Search for Water

Well Robbie, AOL said it was a "missile" NASA was going to launch.

from AOL News, "Oct. 7) -- A NASA probe is about to fire a missile into the moon and you might be able to get a glimpse of the impact. The missile released by the Lunar CRater Observing and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) will slam into the moon's south pole Friday, sending up a plume of debris several miles high."

Like I said, I'm not making it up. NASA plans to launch a "missile" into the Moon's southerly area,and they predict people will be able to see the event.

LCROSS: Amateur Observations
has details on viewing/photographing the event,an it looks like it would take a lot of luck, last around 2 minutes,and be tough to capture with a d-slr.

Last edited:
Well Robbie, I think maybe it's you who is confused:

from AOL News, "Oct. 7) -- A NASA probe is about to fire a missile into the moon and you might be able to get a glimpse of the impact. The missile released by the Lunar CRater Observing and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) will slam into the moon's south pole Friday, sending up a plume of debris several miles high."

Like I said, I'm not making it up. NASA plans to launch a "missile" into the Moon's southerly area,and they predict people will be able to see the event.

m i s s i l e

lmao:lmao:

There is another post on it, seems real! Anyways what lens did ya use for that moon shot nice and clear.

That was a Canon EFS 55-250mm telephoto @ 250mm.

I'm going to try to get something Friday, but the forecast is calling for rain... we'll see.

:thumbup: Ill be looking up at 7:30a est.

Nice shot, but I must say the title really got my attention.
Alex

Nice shot. What time is the impact supposed to take place? 7:30 AM CST?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back