Did I do it for nothing?

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I don't know how this will work out, but I made some photos today at the local radio station. I shot all the on-air talent and just got back 90 minutes ago. Already, I've heard my name mentioned on air 5 times. I think this may work out OK.

dj.jpg

Creative advertising :thumbup:

Do you know if they will continue to mention you after today?

That's great! I hope you get a lot of calls from this :)

Do you know if they will continue to mention you after today?

I hope so. I think it may take some prints hanging on the wall in their studio with my name. Maybe the morning guy will do the same if I email him a quick preview.

Since I made the first post, I heard what amounted to a 5 minute commercial telling about the experience, complete with a mention of my web site. I'm pleased.

This idea came to me after I did a paid job for them and contacted the business manager and offered to make the staff photos for their web site.

That is wonderful, to get all that 'free' advertising of your name and site!!

Maybe the morning guy will do the same if I email him a quick preview.
That's what I was going to suggest.

great idea...sometime we have to give it away sometimes to get it back - i've spent the last few months do alot of freebies adn its working out fantastic....getting the money back 3 fold from it!!

I think it could do without the motion blur...but it looks awfully dark in there. It's good in that it captures him in his working environment and we can see that he's energetic (I guess the blur helps that)...but otherwise, I'm not feeling it. I think I'd much rather have him looking at the camera and so being more engaged with the viewer...or possibly change the angle so that we can see what he's looking at. With him just looking out of the frame at something unknown...it feels dissociative...if that's the right word.

I just wish you had been able to crop out that monitor or whatever it is in the upper left hand corner. Although, I bet it was pretty cramped in there and probably hard to do. I agree that it would have been nice if his face was looking more toward the camera (doesn't have to be looking directly into the lens though) but I actually really like the motion blur.

You always have such good ideas. Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back