Did I go too far playing with photoshop in that one?

freelunch... WOW!
I love it!
Thank you very much. The main reason why I didn't crop it that much was the rule of 3rds. Or, rather, my understanding of thereof.
I love how you got rid of the litter in the back.

Not quite sure how the original was a Nissan, when it is a Infinity G35, not a 350Z. Nice car though, I have the exact same. Needs twin turbos though.
uh.. because 350GT has it, and its JDM? :lmao::confused:

Last edited:
freelunch... WOW!
I love it!
Thank you very much. The main reason why I didn't crop it that much was the rule of 3rds. Or, rather, my understanding of thereof.
I love how you got rid of the litter in the back.

Thanks. I'm relieved you liked it and weren't offended that I'd chopped your shot. My retouch was a rather crude effort – you could do much better with more time. You could, for instance, blur and darken the wood background to further accentuate the car.

Regarding the rule of thirds, I only have a nebulous grasp on what it achieves. I tend to crop tight.

My main rule is: do you like it.

Cheers!

i like the adjusted image much better. it allows the car to really pop, the focus is taken directly to the car.. where as in the original image, the tones are all blah and almost so neutral to each other that there is no instant point of focus.. your eyes just sorta wander through (not that there is much else to focus on....)..

i do think you could find better scenery for the image... different background.. something more interesting..

other than that--the composition it not bad--i wouldn't take any of the bottom off the picture..

Most reactions

Back