Did you get any new gear for Christmas?

My parents gave me some money to go to my supply funds, which pushed me to be able to get the 55-250mm lens, a tripod, and a 16gb sd card : )

A new battery, battery grip plus AA tray for my 7d, monopod and tilt head. I can't wait to go use it all. So excited.

Last edited:
I got myself a present a week early this year. Said present contained:

D200, MB-D200, 2 EN-EL3e, 2 2GB CF cards, Manfrotto 190D with 141RC head, Hoya 72mm UV, Hoya 77mm PL-CIR, Cokin P holder and 77mm adapter, P 027, 047, 056 and 071 filters, Sigma 70-200mm 1:2.8 EX APO DG Macro HSM, Nikkor AF 50mm 1:1.8D, Nikkor AF 180mm 1:2.8D ED, and a Pelican 1600 case to put it all in.

I also am getting a remote shutter release. It should be comming this week.

i also got Cash,which i spent today.Was aiming at a Canon 85mm 1.8,But i walked past a jewlers,and Bought an Engament ring instead :)

Congrats!!!

but My girlfriends still wanting to get me either a 28mm/2.8 or a 430exII. just not sure which to go for :(

What an engagement ring itself is just not good enough!? :lmao:

Haha,it is,But she's one of these equality type girls.and saying no to her is like drawing blood from a stone.so i'll effectivley get an engagment bit of gear.which is good for me,as it'll help her in the long run :)

Nothing photography related here, so I think I'll just order myself a nice tripod.

I got new muslin 10x12 backdrops. One white one black.
Honlphoto 1/8 grid for speedlight
Honlphoto speed snoot

pretty stoked gonna use them all today!

I got a good deal of money (plus some I saved) and ordered this nice set to compliment my existing single 430EX, shoot-through umbrella, and beauty dish:

165728_1000830206114_3328625_52714012_2124784_n.jpg

I got a Sigma 50mm f1.4, Hoya Pro1 Digital CPL (for the Tamron 17-50), and on the way Nikon PB-6 Bellows, BR-2A Reversing Ring.

I got a good deal of money (plus some I saved) and ordered this nice set to compliment my existing single 430EX, shoot-through umbrella, and beauty dish:
If you ever consider going with PCB Cyber Commander for their studio heads or any other setup, the CRSB+ will communicate all the info and ability to nake adjustments from behind the camera instead of adjusting each flash unit with the CyberCommander, but not the CSRB. Just a thought.

I am now officially 1/4 of the way to a new 7D :razz:

Hopefully will have the rest of the funds by February and my birthday for a present to myself

If you ever consider going with PCB Cyber Commander for their studio heads or any other setup, the CRSB+ will communicate all the info and ability to nake adjustments from behind the camera instead of adjusting each flash unit with the CyberCommander, but not the CSRB. Just a thought.
I was thinking about it, and it probably would be a better idea. But all I really need is something simple and affordable (but still reliable... my Cactus V2s are not reliable at all). I have virtually no lighting at the moment, and needed to fill a void for a few jobs here and there that I couldn't do with a single light. I don't have intentions to expand at the moment, but if that does change and I can't handle on-flash adjustments, that's what craigslist is for. :p

I always get cash from my parents for Christmas. Unfortunately, I had to use the money to pay some bills. The rest I put away in savings. I want some 2.8 glass. I did get the diffuser I wanted. So, all was not lost. I got the Gary Fong collapsible diffuser.

Most reactions

Back