Difference between Import and USA

reconstyle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So is there actually a difference between the USA and the Import version of the same lens other than the price?

From what I've read, Nikon service centers in the US won't even touch import/gray market lenses, although you'd still be able to get them repaired at non Nikon service centers. Basically you have no warranty coverage. The 1yr warranty that applies to imported stuff only applies in the country it was imported from.

Spend the few extra bucks, so you have a warranty.

RTX

That is assuming you live in the US. If you're one of our many european members, I don't think you'd want the US version.

For goods marked 'Imp' instead of USA, here is what B&H say:

"For IMP items only, B&H provides a warranty identical to the provisions and limitations of the manufacturer's warranty for such items, with the exception of the time period, which is equal to the term of the manufacturer's warranty or one (1) year, whichever is less."

The complete explanation of the differences between USA and directly imported items at B&H is here: link.

It's well worth reading if you are considering buying directly imported equipment from B&H.

Good luck,
Helen

The complete explanation of the differences between USA and directly imported items at B&H is here: link.
Thanks. I haven't actually read that before, wish I had seen it earlier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back