Difference in bodies

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering what the difference between the consumer, prosumer, and proffesional bodies. Is it the size or performance.

I understand that the Canon...

X__: Consumer
_0D: Prosumer
1DMk_: Professional

Thanks

Plastic,
Metal,
Metal, huge, and doubles as a tool to inflict serious damage to anyone mugging you.

That basically sums it up.

Consumer, prosumer, and professional are labels used by marketers to entice camera collectors. Many pros are successfully making a living with digital Rebels and ##D cameras. Many 1D series cameras are in the hands of people who don't understand what shutter and aperture are. Don't rely on broad labels; check the feature list yourself.

Good point Ksmattfish
There are always the people out there that got more money then brains and think that if u buy a pricey camera u will acheive better results

Plastic,
Metal,
Metal, huge, and doubles as a tool to inflict serious damage to anyone mugging you.

That basically sums it up.

"Huge metal" sometimes has weather/dust sealing so that as you are beating them up, no dust gets into the camera. :lol:

1D = weather-sealed, though it seems to be a feature showing up on all cameras now (fortunately.)

Like people say its not all about the body its about the perosn. There are many pros who use _0D and X__ bodies. Infact, a 40D/50D would probably be better for sports, than a 1DsMKIII, am i wrong?

Like people say its not all about the body its about the perosn. There are many pros who use _0D and X__ bodies. Infact, a 40D/50D would probably be better for sports, than a 1DsMKIII, am i wrong?

Yes. The auto focus speed of the 1Ds MIII like the 1D MIII is superior to the 40D/50D series and fps are the same.

You are correct about pros using different bodies however. As you move up the continuum from "entry level" to "pro level" features and build increase or improve. Rebel series is 7-9 focus points 1D series is 45. Rebel series no spot metering where the XXD and 1D series do. Rebel series predominately plastic body with some metal support, 1D all metal body with weather sealing.

Will they both take quality photos. In good hands yes. It comes down to what is important and what features you want and are willing to pay for. Remember in it's day the Nikon F2 was considered the pinnacle of pro bodies by many. Today the build still is but the features would be considered virtually non existent.

There is a saying;
If you don't know the difference, you don't need the pro gear.

If you can get the change, go into a good camera store and ask to handle the different level bodies. Shoot with them a little, if you can. That should give you a good idea of the differences between them.

Yes. The auto focus speed of the 1Ds MIII like the 1D MIII is superior to the 40D/50D series and fps are the same.

You are correct about pros using different bodies however. As you move up the continuum from "entry level" to "pro level" features and build increase or improve. Rebel series is 7-9 focus points 1D series is 45. Rebel series no spot metering where the XXD and 1D series do. Rebel series predominately plastic body with some metal support, 1D all metal body with weather sealing.

Will they both take quality photos. In good hands yes. It comes down to what is important and what features you want and are willing to pay for. Remember in it's day the Nikon F2 was considered the pinnacle of pro bodies by many. Today the build still is but the features would be considered virtually non existent.

Fine, how about a 40D/50D is better than a 5D for sports? lol

There are always the people out there that got more money then brains .....
WAIT A MINUTE......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMaTfAn7KAs"]Are you talking to me?[/ame]

(Warning: Adult language in the link)

:lmao:

The philosophy I live by is quite simple. Live within your means. If it's not a stretch to get a better quality (build quality.... not bells and whistles) product, then by all means do it and don't look back.

Most reactions

Back