different colors of light

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I photographed a friend's wood-turning projects for him, and I have only the two lights; a Flashpoint budget strobe and a Nikon SB-910 speedlight.

I noticed that the two lights have produced different colors of light. I'm not going to re-do this entire project, but I just thought you folks would find it interesting.

WEZ_15007a.jpg

The speedlight was on the left, and the Flashpoint was on the right.

Yes, if I had the time and money, I would have purchased another Flashpoint strobe and a couple of softboxes. Then by adjusting the WB, the light color would have been more accurate.

Interesting! Is the magenta cast from the Flashpoint, or is it picking up something in the room?

Interesting! Is the magenta cast from the Flashpoint, or is it picking up something in the room?
I think it is from the Flashpoint. I had it turned down as far as the knob would go. The SB-910 was at 1/4 power. Here is the SOOC with the EXIF attached:

DSC_0028.jpg

Screen shot of EXIF info:

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 9.31.06 AM.png

Given that I can't afford ProFoto, and maybe only one more budget Flashpoint, what is your recommendation for me to improve the light color?

Given that I can't afford ProFoto, and maybe only one more budget Flashpoint, what is your recommendation for me to improve the light color?
Can anyone afford ProFoto? :lol: As long as all your lights are producing the same colour cast it's relatively easy to correct for, so, get the second Flashpoint and call it done.

And Jack said it was o.k. too!

I'm going to have to build a big fancy doghouse.

Fridge, TV, couch, potato chip loading dock. Did I leave anything out?

I'm going to have to build a big fancy doghouse.

Fridge, TV, couch, potato chip loading dock. Did I leave anything out?

Yes. You left out that it had to be big because if you have company my size..........well, it needs to be big. Thanks for being nice though; some people are nicknamed The Fridge. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back