Different colours in web browser

Val

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im using Vista 64 and Firefox. Pictures look darker and more reddish in Firefox. And this is almost exactly matches how my prints look.
Colours in PS and windows picture viewer are less saturated.

Whats up with that?

Let me add that i didnt pay much attention to this before, only saw it today.

What i did was to buy Spyder 3 Studio calibrator for monitor and printer. Proved to be pretty usless actually. The monitor was so good that i could hardly see any changes before/after while comparing sample sheet side by side (NEC MultiSync 2690). Printer was usless as well since prints done with build-in profile look exactly the same.

So thats 500 bucks and 2 hours of wasted time for ya.

Anyway... The thing is that i was fighting with my printer calibration (Epson 2400) which was giving consistently warmer colours to what was on my monitor in PS. They by chance i opened that image in Firefox and BINGO looks exactly like on the paper.

I thought maybe i messed colour profiles, but no success there. Default management in PS. And pictures look the same in Windows picture viewer as well!

So im really lost here....

One of your applications is stuffing up the colour profile. Are your images sRGB? Firefox 2 is not colour managed and can not use any other ICC profile other than sRGB.

So what should i do?

When i look at windows photo gallery, in the properties of the image is says that sRGB. Colour management in PS is also set to sRGB. But it still looks different when viewed in Firefox (and amazingly much more accurate to what i get on the print!)

sounds like the printer ignores the colour profile coming with the image? and so does firefox?

Ok i figured the problem. Vista has build-in colour management system similar to Mac. So i had to reset all profiles there and now everything looks the same! :hail:

Most reactions

Back