What's new

Different Lines

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots of different lines, would really love to hear your thoughts (especially on the compositions :) )

Car wash: Water








Greenhouse: Plastic Skin (Just noticed the top left corner, I'll fix that)






Greenhouse: Hard Plastic









Mouse eye view of the attic of the workshop.
 
not a big abstract fan... but i DO like the shot of the attic. (the others are pretty cool, just not my thing)
 
My favorites are # 1 & #2. Really cool!
 
#2 with top cropped to better proportions is my fave.
 
Thanks everyone :)

Designer, I had trouble with that one, how much do you figure? About 1/4 off the top for a more square comp?
 
Thanks everyone :)

Designer, I had trouble with that one, how much do you figure? About 1/4 off the top for a more square comp?

I didn't try any templates on it, but try a "golden mean" rectangle on it. Something less than 1/4, more like 1/5 or 1/6 off the top.
 
Ok my noob is going to hang out here...

Template?....
 
shot 2 is the best but it is too straight on try lower angles
 
Love #2, but I too would like to see a different crop on it. If it were mine, I'd either take just a little off the top of it--not sure how to explain this, but I'd crop it so you lose the entire first angled "panel" or "slat" in the upper left corner.
OR--I'd crop it WAY down, right at or just above where you stop getting the darker blue shading on the "slats." That probably doesn't make sense either.

Pretty cool either way, though.
 
Thanks everyone :)
This greenhouse is a love hate relationship, I know there area lot of yummy shots in on and around it but I have yet to figure it out. It mocks me!
I will take all of your suggestions next time I go out to shoot it.
 
#1 and #2. I like lines when they lead you around.
 
Your photographic eye is improving quite rapidly these days. I see in you the ability to translate "concepts" into actual photographs. Your progress is very,very noticeable to me over the last few months. You're starting to get to what we used to say back in the 1980's---you're beginning to get to that kickin a$$ and taking names stage, where your vision is simply translated into photos, without a lot of difficulty. You have an idea, and know how to "realize" it; to make it a reality, a photo, a capture. You should be proud of the accomplishments you've made through hard work, experimentation, practice, and dogged persistence.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom