Digital camera

mikerocks4250

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well i'm a photo 3 at my school, and it is time to go digital. So I was wondering what is a good camera to get? Where would be the best place to buy it? (Ebay, local craigslist, buy a new one)

VERY Open ended question.

What camera do you use at the moment?

If you already have for example a Pentax SLR then it's worth sticking with it as the lenses are compatible.

Also what's your budget? For a beginner any of entry level camera will be fine. I would however personally go Canon or Pentax because at entry level they're probabyl the best options. Nikon I'd discount due to their entry level gear not having an in-body Autofocus motor and thus not working with all their lenses.

I'd myself go for a K200D pentax if you can stretch the budget to it but the Pentax k-m ( k2000 in the US ) is a good camera and so are the Canon's although your likely to pay a little more for the canon.

What is a 'photo 3'?

What is your budget? The Canon 1Ds mark III is a great camera but costs more than a decent used car. The HD3 is a professional studio camera and costs more than a good new car.

VERY Open ended question.

What camera do you use at the moment?

If you already have for example a Pentax SLR then it's worth sticking with it as the lenses are compatible.

Also what's your budget? For a beginner any of entry level camera will be fine. I would however personally go Canon or Pentax because at entry level they're probabyl the best options. Nikon I'd discount due to their entry level gear not having an in-body Autofocus motor and thus not working with all their lenses.

I'd myself go for a K200D pentax if you can stretch the budget to it but the Pentax k-m ( k2000 in the US ) is a good camera and so are the Canon's although your likely to pay a little more for the canon.

Of course you would. You should probably ask some questions before making recommendations. It's called qualifying. Works wonders.

Well i'm a photo 3 at my school, and it is time to go digital. So I was wondering what is a good camera to get? Where would be the best place to buy it? (Ebay, local craigslist, buy a new one)

Photo 3? Sound a lot higher than Photo 1. What's your experience? Also, you say school. What type of school and is this going to be your career. Normally college kids I know are broke, so what's your budget and are you opposed to used?

Probably don't want to stray from these sites is you're buying new. There's a lot of scams out there.

www.bhphotovideo.com
www.adorama.com
www.amazon.com

There's others like www.mpex.com and www.calumet.com B&H is my prime choice of retailer though.

I mean, for the price of used gear, you can skip entry level DSLR cameras in general and buy a great piece of 2nd gen gear that completely out performs current gen entry level offerings. Plus if you have experience, you'll have an easier time with the controls on the mid range stuff.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is a 'photo 3'?

What is your budget? The Canon 1Ds mark III is a great camera but costs more than a decent used car. The HD3 is a professional studio camera and costs more than a good new car.

I want to buy a Porshe or an AMG Benz as my next car. Do they count? :greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back