Digital Concepts Quality??

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know they make some pretty cheap stuff-like my first bounce flash:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001397H08?tag=kaizenlog-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B001397H08&adid=028DGGFHTY6PR7MW6V5A&[/ame]

But is Digital Concepts pretty much regarded as a joke in the photography world, or are there some things they make that are nice? They make lenses, adapters, tripods, and much more.. I'd like to think that some things cheap are at least useable...

No, you should just buy quality equipment, it will last longer, and work better.

Don't just dismiss the Glass, Digital Concepts/Digital Innovations is a Sakar Company. Sakar made some fine lenses in the past, I could not be happier with my Sakar 135mm 2.8. and in reasent months they have acuired Vivitar, A known third party photo equipment producer.

I also make regular use of one of their travle tripods, with the exception of the plastig tightening screw the tripod it self is suprisingly deisent for short tripod needs.

Here it is holding a Vivitar 400mm 5.6 and Canon EF body
100_3602.jpg

I usually use it with that lens and but the feet up to my shoulder so I can hold the setup like a rifel, fits me perfectly.

That flash you linked looks to be a rebranded Vivitar but I could be wrong.

I bought a macro adapter set from DC, and I love it, but the price was too sweet. I also just bought a wide angle lens from DC, but at 25 bucks, I can't help but be skeptical... Hopefully it won't let me down.

Don't just dismiss the Glass, Digital Concepts/Digital Innovations is a Sakar Company. Sakar made some fine lenses in the past, I could not be happier with my Sakar 135mm 2.8. and in reasent months they have acuired Vivitar, A known third party photo equipment producer.

I also make regular use of one of their travle tripods, with the exception of the plastig tightening screw the tripod it self is suprisingly deisent for short tripod needs.

Here it is holding a Vivitar 400mm 5.6 and Canon EF body

I usually use it with that lens and but the feet up to my shoulder so I can hold the setup like a rifel, fits me perfectly.

That flash you linked looks to be a rebranded Vivitar but I could be wrong.

Seagate bought Maxtor, but I still wouldn't use a Maxtor HDD as a doorstop.

Quantaray is rebranded Sigma glass iirc, and it's quality still isn't on par with Sigma.

The flash linked isn't bad for the price, but it's lacking manual mode and who knows how accurate it's TTL metering function is going to be. for $35 you could get a used Vivitar 283.

A $25 wide angle lens...

Most reactions

Back