Digital FM2 anyone?

If it doesn't match your purse get a new one. If you can't figure out that a camera would look stupid with an inappropriate lens then you have a lot to learn.

As mentioned before, put the aperture settings on the lens barrel then it's retro. Total poser camera

I agree but you can't have a retro camera with a modern lens. Why is that so hard to understand? We are photographers, doesn't anyone pay attention to detail? It's the principle here.

It's another bullet for my dislikes category among many other things. Epic fail on Nikon.

I agree but you can't have a retro camera with a modern lens. Why is that so hard to understand? We are photographers, doesn't anyone pay attention to detail? It's the principle here.

No. I don't create images based on what my camera looks like.

So am I not allowed to use my 300 2.8D with my FM or F3 then? It seems to work just fine, and the film develops just as it normally would.

So am I not allowed to use my 300 2.8D with my FM or F3 then? It seems to work just fine, and the film develops just as it normally would.

Well of course not. The cameras looks are more important than the photograph your making. Silly you.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Price killed it for me as there is no 51 pt AF. They would have to buffed the 39 to act exactly like the 51 to get my interest back.

Can't tell if serious...

It will be interesting to see how sales play out.

This body looks great. But like others I would prefer a modern body with enhanced ergonomics.

Honestly, I like everything about the physical controls. I would have liked the addition of a flash, wifi/gps, and 51 pt AF (not to mention my D7000 does 1/8000 -- but that's not a deal killer). I would have pre ordered one risking my health with my other half. Would have sold a bunch of stuff cluttering up my study for it. But, alas, not gonna do it. I will wait for one of the modern Nikon bodies to have 95% of the features I want.

What are you on about, PhotoWrangler? Nobody here's saying that they're not going to buy it because it's ugly. You have erected a straw man, well done.

Well your allowed of course, no law against it. However you probably should be forewarned that the beatniks down at the coffee house will probably treat you with disdain as a result.

"Oh here he comes again, showing off that big lens of his! I wonder what he's compensating for!" - Lol

Seriously though, I get where Nikon is coming from with this - it's all about the marketing and frankly I think from that aspect this camera will be a winner for them. I actually like the dial design from what I've seen in the pictures, would be nice to have the ability to set ISO and Shutter speed from independent dials on the top. I doubt the camera itself would be terribly practical for me, at least not at the price point they've set it at, but I understand Nikon really didn't design or build this camera with me in mind. They are after a different market.

It will be interesting to see how sales play out.

This body looks great. But like others I would prefer a modern body with enhanced ergonomics.

My guess is you'll most likely see that after Christmas Dinardy. If I'm reading this correctly this is Nikon's offering for the masses for the Christmas shopping season, well this and the D5300, so they have something new and cool on the shelves for Christmas time. They'll get around to releasing something marketed for us camera geeks after that. Makes a certain amount sense, I mean they know we'll buy no matter what time of year it is, and nothing would boost those Jan-Feb sales numbers like a new offering or two designed to replace the D800 or the D7100 or perhaps both lines will see an upgrade.

Hmmm. Price killed it for me as there is no 51 pt AF. They would have to buffed the 39 to act exactly like the 51 to get my interest back. Can't tell if serious...

I'm being scarcastic but some people are so sensitive on this forum. Get off this forum join match.com n go get some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back