Digital or 35mm?

There are plenty of VS. threads, you could do a search. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Just depends on what your shooting and how you use it. I shoot film, mostly B&W.

I shoot digital because I really can't afford to shoot film. I'm sure there are plenty other people on the board that are in the same boat. While I'd really love to shoot film, I've really grown to love my D70. As soon as I get to take an intro to darkroom course at my school and have access to a darkroom I'm definitely going to start shooting some B&W.

This is an easy question with an obvious answer. Both of course! I like digital for the quick & easy style it brings but as I am poor I shoot old school 35mm (b&w specifically). If you can get yourself one of each!

I prefer to use my 35mm SLR it can be precisely focused and gets shots equal in quality to 12 megapixels of digital, you get to play around in a darkroom and you have much greater control over your photos. On the other hand digital is quick, easy and you can play around with photoshop. If you notice my recent post I am trying remove this gap by building a digital device that can sit in the back of a 35mm SLR and remove the need for professionals to spend over £2000 on a new digital camera plus hundreds on new lens (unless its the same make of SLR, such as going from Canon EOS-1N to Canon EOS-1D), and also give you back the control you lose from going digital.

spiralout said:
I shoot digital because I really can't afford to shoot film...I've really grown to love my D70.
That's a bit of a wierd statement is it not? By all means prefer digital, but the price of a D70 will buy an F75/N75 and a hell of a lot of film! And we've not even begun to discuss the cost of home-editing and printing (computers, printers, software, etc). Can't see how that adds up!

Me? I prefer film for permanent, important shots, but I wouldn't want to be without my digicam either.

Most reactions

Back