digital paper

You know.. I just went to Staples the other day and picked up some of that Kodak professional paper and I'm really impressed with it.

Between the two up there, I'd use the Epson paper though.

I've never used ilford. Actually I haven't really see it in stores...

Anyway, Epson is pretty nice paper. I use it most of the time.

Kodak does have ok paper, although beware of their 4X6 sheets. I bought a pack that said 4x6... and its actually 4X7. So I'm always cropping my photos after I print them.

I was also pleased with canon's paper too.

i use nothing but epson paper. its soo awesome. premium glossy and matte heavyweight are the bomb.

md

I use Ilford for two reasons:
I got epson b4 and i didnt like it at all so it put me off
And it's cheaper at Staples

I have an Epson stylus photo 925 printer and I've gotten the best results with Epson paper. I have tried the Kodak paper as well as the Staples brand and my prints turned out terrible. I think there is a compatibiliy problem with some of the paper and inks even though the papers say they will work with any inkjet printer. I have never tried the ilford, but I am curious to see if it works.

K

I use Ilford and love it! Have used Kodak before and I'll stay with Ilford.

hobbes28 said:
You know.. I just went to Staples the other day and picked up some of that Kodak professional paper and I'm really impressed with it.
I say Ilford all the way. I've tried out almost all the photo paper brands at B&H photo, and I think the Ilford papers give the best balance between quality, quantity, and price.

Lumijet papers are supposed to be the most archival, but they are pretty expensive. I saw on display a sample of "Lumijet Silver Foil" metallic (?) paper and it looked AWESOME, however they didn't have it in stock, and for some reason I can't find any info about it anywhere.

As for the Kodak paper, I noticed that the colors seem "washed out", and the Kodak glossy paper seems comparable to other brand matte paper. Well, this is what I've seen through the Canon inkjet printers.

Most reactions

Back